• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 March 22-24, 2019, It's Still Never Too Early or to late
3 3

120 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Zuke said:

Total noob (today) but spending a LOT of time working through all this and since I live in the Chicago burbs, C2E2 live grading makes the most sense for me... that said, I can only swing a one day pass. If I go on Friday...how do I pickup Sunday unless I have a pass for that day? Do I have to pay for Friday *AND* Sunday? There's no free pickup pass or something, is there? Please don't throw rocks at me. :-/ 

you would have to buy a sunday pass... or you can PM me and we can work something out. I'm there all 3 days.

3 hours ago, TheycallmeArchie said:

This will be my first time going to C2E2 and I wanted to get some comics graded onsite. I went to complete the online submission form and there wasn't an option to grade onsite or even drop off. Is there a limit to how many submissions they take and they close it off? Is it just a website glitch? Any info is appreciated!

i think you can go to the CGC booth and do it there, but it might take a little longer.

35 minutes ago, Red84 said:

Has anyone received their passes yet?

Mine came around Christmas but I ordered very early. A lot of people got theirs around then, but I do see many asking what you're adskng. Last couple years it didn't show up until a lot closer to the show date. You'll probably get it soon. 

14 hours ago, TheycallmeArchie said:

This will be my first time going to C2E2 and I wanted to get some comics graded onsite. I went to complete the online submission form and there wasn't an option to grade onsite or even drop off. Is there a limit to how many submissions they take and they close it off? Is it just a website glitch? Any info is appreciated!

Hmmm... I am using mobile but I checked it out just now and when I went to the main page and clicked Submit Comics it gave me the loading screen and wouldn’t continue. Might be some technical issues and/or high traffic. I would not expect them to remove the option entirely, still plenty of time left. Hopefully it’s sorted out by the end of the day. Keep trying. 

And I also have not received my badge. Last year it never came even though I ordered before the deadline, so i just used the will call line at the show.  

17 hours ago, TheycallmeArchie said:

I just got a reply from CGC. They said the option should be available on the website about a week before the show

22 hours ago, Zuke said:

Total noob (today) but spending a LOT of time working through all this and since I live in the Chicago burbs, C2E2 live grading makes the most sense for me... that said, I can only swing a one day pass. If I go on Friday...how do I pickup Sunday unless I have a pass for that day? Do I have to pay for Friday *AND* Sunday? There's no free pickup pass or something, is there? Please don't throw rocks at me. :-/ 

It is possible that CGC might have another area at the convention center where pick ups can be made, without going back to the convention floor. At Baltimore Comic Con they had a satellite pick up area separate from the con floor, this way it would not be so frantic in the booth , and the con floor with long lines. I would ask if that is being done at the show.

11 hours ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Hmmm... I am using mobile but I checked it out just now and when I went to the main page and clicked Submit Comics it gave me the loading screen and wouldn’t continue. Might be some technical issues and/or high traffic. I would not expect them to remove the option entirely, still plenty of time left. Hopefully it’s sorted out by the end of the day. Keep trying. 

And I also have not received my badge. Last year it never came even though I ordered before the deadline, so i just used the will call line at the show.  

8 hours ago, BriD. said:

I just got a reply from CGC. They said the option should be available on the website about a week before the show

Thanks for the responses. I contacted CGC as well and the response I received was: 

"it does look like our website is currently experiencing problems, we have alerted our IT Department to look into the issue."

It's still down right now so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

On 3/10/2019 at 5:42 PM, manetteska said:

I heard onsite grading prices went up again but I can’t seem to find the prices listed anywhere. 

Anyone have info?

Once the site was up/dated, able to answer my own question. Yikes these prices are rough, especially for Moderns. Keeping going up up up.

Capture.JPG