• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 March 22-24, 2019, It's Still Never Too Early or to late
3 3

120 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, manetteska said:

Once the site was up/dated, able to answer my own question. Yikes these prices are rough, especially for Moderns. Keeping going up up up.

Capture.JPG

Yeah with those prices I am just going to drop them off and I can wait to get them back . . . I am in no hurry.

14 hours ago, SSkufan said:

Yeah with those prices I am just going to drop them off and I can wait to get them back . . . I am in no hurry.

Really scalping those SS customers. 

Edited above as in my haste I forgot that SS comics don't necessarily have to do on-site grading, but do have to be submitted on-site.

Edited by manetteska
adjusted

On 3/13/2019 at 3:56 PM, manetteska said:

Once the site was up/dated, able to answer my own question. Yikes these prices are rough, especially for Moderns. Keeping going up up up.

Capture.JPG

I took it on the nose to get a couple books done just because I have never had onsite grading  before but these prices are rough... I justified it to myself saying no shipping/invoice fee lol

Anyone interested in doing a forum meet up or something out there?

15 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

I took it on the nose to get a couple books done just because I have never had onsite grading  before but these prices are rough... I justified it to myself saying no shipping/invoice fee lol

Anyone interested in doing a forum meet up or something out there?

Ill be calling Booth 1876 Home  We have interviews lined up, wine tasting, and fun stuff.  

22 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Apart from Sunday showers, you should know anything in the 40's feels like shorts weather around here. This winter will never end.

Yeah, this was just info for the out of town guests. Also it could be way worse or way better by Friday

8b3.jpg

Onsite drop off and grading was a nightmare. 4.5 hour waits.  Had to carry a ton of books around while I waited 3.5 hours in virtual line hell after waiting an hour to register in line.  This is after doing all the pre reg online.  Just awful customer experience.

@Drbearsec I agree it was anything but smooth. But it didn’t surprise me. Of course we want it to be faster and more efficient but it’s one of the most popular things at the show. I was in line right when the show opened, waited 20 to sign up for the virtual line that estimated an hour and a half wait but it was over to hours. I only submitted 5 books though. 

Personally I kinda roll my eyes at dudes bringing short boxes and more to submit. Not sure if there’s a limit to on site but there should be. There’s hundreds of people who want to do this so it’s better for everyone to keep it simple. 20 books. Unless you’re just dropping off to have them mailed back to you. 

Not sure what they could do to improve besides more staff maybe. The staff were friendly despite the chaos and constant annoyed customers. Yes waiting in line sucks but I think we all should expect it by now as part f the show. It’s probably also why they only do this twice a year.

I had a pretty good experience this year but I arrived pretty early. I only had 6 books. I waited in the initial check in line for maybe 15-20 minutes. I thought the virtual line idea was pretty good, It was nice not to have to stand in line the whole time. I think I got my text about 45 minutes after check in. The biggest issue I noticed though was when I went back to the booth, no one seemed to know where to go. And I could tell it was starting to get pretty crazy. I imagine this was probably much worse later on. 

I liked the previous year where if you did the express drop off online they had a dedicated line to do the handoff.  Isn’t that the motivation to do it all ahead of time?  So it is faster?

To me, it should have been the Virtual line for walk ups and a dedicated line for people with the paperwork.  I’d have been fine with waiting in both. 

11 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

@Drbearsec I agree it was anything but smooth. But it didn’t surprise me. Of course we want it to be faster and more efficient but it’s one of the most popular things at the show. I was in line right when the show opened, waited 20 to sign up for the virtual line that estimated an hour and a half wait but it was over to hours. I only submitted 5 books though. 

Personally I kinda roll my eyes at dudes bringing short boxes and more to submit. Not sure if there’s a limit to on site but there should be. There’s hundreds of people who want to do this so it’s better for everyone to keep it simple. 20 books. Unless you’re just dropping off to have them mailed back to you. 

Not sure what they could do to improve besides more staff maybe. The staff were friendly despite the chaos and constant annoyed customers. Yes waiting in line sucks but I think we all should expect it by now as part f the show. It’s probably also why they only do this twice a year.

I’m with you limiting onsite books.  Maybe you can do 10-20 at a time and then have to go back in line?  

Maybe they set it up so you can reserve times for drop off?  Like I’d have dropped my books elsewhere until my scheduled time.  Would have been far better than the unknown of virtual line

On 3/7/2019 at 3:16 PM, Zuke said:

Total noob (today) but spending a LOT of time working through all this and since I live in the Chicago burbs, C2E2 live grading makes the most sense for me... that said, I can only swing a one day pass. If I go on Friday...how do I pickup Sunday unless I have a pass for that day? Do I have to pay for Friday *AND* Sunday? There's no free pickup pass or something, is there? Please don't throw rocks at me. :-/ 

Did you figure out where to pick up? They have a room outside of the convention that does pick ups and you dont have to pay admission. We are on our way from Bloomington to pickup.

I had a pretty good time near the end of the day (I only went Saturday), when I actually started getting comics signed. Picked up a sketch cover by Asia Ladowska, and got a commission for my son's room from Rachelle Rosenberg. All-in-all for my third year it wasn't bad, but I definitely had a better time last year when it felt less crowded.

Spent the better part of the day trying to get in celebrity lines for the first time, and ran into so many problems that I gave up on "meeting" most of them. I think I'll stick to smaller cons on meeting non-comic people.