• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost Darkseid story
1 1

12 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, World Devourer said:

Any long-time readers remember a pre-crisis story with the Flash and Superman against Darkseid? Orion also featured.

It was quite an epic story

Perhaps a JLA comic with Starlin Orion cover?

I'll check, but there were no other JLA.

The interesting thing is the Flash and Darkseid don't actually meet, and at this stage are unaware of each other. Darkseid has a confrontation with Highfather and Orion.

This story doesn't seem to be mentioned in any Top 10 Darkseid story lists as I think it is too early for most readers today.

20 hours ago, Brock said:

Maybe Super-Team Family #15 with Flash and the New Gods?

That is it - many thanks.

I also found it online:

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Super-Team-Family/Issue-15?id=58565

A little sad critiquing something you last read as a child and realizing it is nowhere near as good as you first thought. 

That said, it provided entertainment at the time, so job done.

Forget the critics. I love this comic!!! The art is great, and story is epic, cosmic. It blew my mind as a kid. Also took me many years to figure out what it was and track it down. :)

I was going to mention it, but I thought Darkseid only made a cameo.

6 hours ago, adampasz said:

Forget the critics. I love this comic!!! The art is great, and story is epic, cosmic. It blew my mind as a kid. Also took me many years to figure out what it was and track it down. :)

I was going to mention it, but I thought Darkseid only made a cameo.

Adam, nice to see it also made an impression on others.

6 hours ago, Brock said:

It's been decades since I read it, but I remember Super Team Family #11 through #15 to be great stories...

Yes, there is something to be said for those pre-Crisis team-ups.  I also found a page where fans experiment with inter-company crossovers using the STF title:

https://braveandboldlost.blogspot.com.au/?m=1

I really like the idea of a Red Tornado / ROM team-up. If well written I could see the characters engaging in a discussion about humanity, and the fact that their mechanical appearances do not define them.

I'm surprised they missed that issue, as it isn't terribly obscure.

I'd thought about suggesting something from the early Copper Age, 1985; DC Challenge 11.

Even though it's something largely forgotten and relegated to the lowliest drek boxes, it does feature the right characters.

Edited by Ken Aldred