• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My PayPal hacked!
2 2

60 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I also changed my account to a 2 step authentication. However, I just found out somebody tried to set up another Paypal account using my info. Once the hackers have your information, could this be a work around for the 2 step ? Just to be clear, I was not hacked. I decided to remove my Bank account from Paypal account altogether, just leaving the CC. I feel much safer this way.

The one way it appears you can work around not having the text code sent to your phone and still logging in is that you can still answer your security questions, apparently (I just logged in and chose the option "Don't have your phone -- try another way").  It requires two security questions, and since most sites use variations of the same questions, I wonder how hackable those answers would be to someone trying to break in using that method (and they would have had to gotten your password first to get to that stage).

In any case, I'm always checking any of my online accounts regularly anyway, but I've been on PayPal pretty much daily since this happened to me to check for any signs of suspicious activity.

5 hours ago, oakman29 said:

You would think. I am still fighting PayPal,  can't get into my own account.

Hell with it I'm making this my new password:  X3#2!$&gf5feWwEWDhdfhf%%43)^

13 hours ago, lizards2 said:
21 hours ago, ChiSoxFan said:

you can transfer money from a linked bank account intoyour PayPal balance.

Interesting.  Although I've never been able to do this.  IIRC, they want a bunch of additional information on that kind of transaction so I have never successfully been able to transfer funds from my own linked bank account to my paypal balance.

I transfer money from my bank account into my Pay Pal every month and then use the Pay Pal to pay certain monthly bills-- which gives me cash back. Works for me. I do that on one of my pay pal accounts-- I use a separate one just for buying things and selling them on ebay.

8 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

yeah-- I have that setup and there is very basic information in there at this point as well.

yep they can only see your profile pic, header, and thats about it.  You can set it so they cant see your friends or pics.  

well finally after so much carp they restored my PayPal, funny how my Aol accounts password was comprimised at the exact same time. So I had to deal with Aol first so they could send me a new password for my PayPal. :facepalm:

5 hours ago, oakman29 said:

well finally after so much carp they restored my PayPal, funny how my Aol accounts password was comprimised at the exact same time. So I had to deal with Aol first so they could send me a new password for my PayPal. :facepalm:

Oakman HOW did they hack both wtf this is scaring me did you go to some bee site or something??

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's sad to say I've owned that movie hahaa 

One of my favorites and not sad to say it!!!  That and The Hammer!!

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Who can turn down Henry Winkler and egg salad. :sick:

Dont forget homemade applesauce!