• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Starlin - Is he allowing CGC to Witness?

15 posts in this topic

I read a little while back that Jim Starlin had an issue with CGC and was no longer allowing CGC Witnesses to authenticate his signature on comics. 

Is this still the case?   Or has he now allowed CGC to witness?  

1 hour ago, Rich_Henn said:

Starlin got over what ever issues he had----he's put them behind him and is signing again.  At the DCAwesome Con show, there was a donation jar on his table for a high school out by him that needed a roof rebuilt. 

Same thing at the North Texas Comic Book Show he had no issues with witnesses from either grading company as long as there was $5 donation made to the Heroes Initiative for each signature.   

Thank you all very much for your help!

The signing fee is very reasonable, and also demonstrates that he's using his talents and name for the betterment of others and not enriching himself.  As long as the money is going to a good cause, I'm always compelled to give more than asking.   Looking forward to meeting him soon.

23 minutes ago, Hattori Hanzo said:

Hi everyone is there anyone that can help me get a signature from Starlin? 

It seems to me like Starlin is hitting up the convention scene pretty hard this year because of the Infinity War hype (or maybe he always did and I just didn't know since I'm new around these parts).  But it's almost a 100% guarantee that one of the facilitators on these boards will be seeing him at a convention this summer.  For example, I see he'll be at the Vegas convention at the end of June.  Check the sig room to see which facilitator is attending and reach out to them.

On 6/2/2018 at 6:43 PM, Hattori Hanzo said:

Hi everyone is there anyone that can help me get a signature from Starlin? 

Contact kevlar or dscott.  I'm sure one of them will see Starlin in the near future.  Kevlar just got 3 done for me.