• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identifying what this defect is. HOS 92

15 posts in this topic

Kinda resembles a printers crease but its such a fine line so probably not a crease. Can you see anything on the inside of the cover? If its a printing error of some sort I don't think it affects the grade unless you're in the NM range.

20 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Kinda resembles a printers crease but its such a fine line so probably not a crease. Can you see anything on the inside of the cover? If its a printing error of some sort I don't think it affects the grade unless you're in the NM range.

Per other posts there are boardies with CGC 9.8 with printer creases.  I do think the inside shows it too. And there is no color break in the line.  Obviously I don't think this is a 9.8 lol I am not too sure on the grade.  

13 hours ago, mdean2437 said:

Per other posts there are boardies with CGC 9.8 with printer creases.  I do think the inside shows it too. And there is no color break in the line.  Obviously I don't think this is a 9.8 lol I am not too sure on the grade.  

Well then I think you answered your own question. :)

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:27 PM, Ride the Tiger said:

A "printer's crease" is a double misnomer. The printer, nor his machinery create that. A print line, which this is, is part of the printing process and is created during the books production.

To clarify, what most, or what has generally been accepted as a "printer's crease" occurred before the printer received the roll of paper that is fed through the printer. It's not a crease, it's a tight fold, more of a pleat than a crease. It's an imperfection that occurs in the manufacturing process of the paper before it ever gets to the printer. Amazing Spider-man 67 is  particularly prone to this.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:36 PM, faster friends said:

Wear at all 4 corners, bottom right edge wear. Small crease top left cover, color breaking spine dings. 

And as I can’t see the back cover I was being conservative. I suppose it could go 7.5

+1. 7.5 looks about right, and the print line is not a contributing factor in this grade sector.

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

A "printer's crease" is a double misnomer. The printer, nor his machinery create that. A print line, which this is, is part of the printing process and is created during the books production.

To clarify, what most, or what has generally been accepted as a "printer's crease" occurred before the printer received the roll of paper that is fed through the printer. It's not a crease, it's a tight fold, more of a pleat than a crease. It's an imperfection that occurs in the manufacturing process of the paper before it ever gets to the printer. Amazing Spider-man 67 is  particularly prone to this.

Interesting fact. Kind of like calling a comic good. I'll have to check out the ASM 67s. I know ASM 33 is known for its marvel chipping.

Could be a roller mark that happened when the inks were still soft. Very common on books like Amazing Adventures #11

Look by the beasts open hand and the Logo.

aa11.thumb.png.33ee0d35369c8736c7a818916f58c785.png