• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sky Masters Sundays in Color book features original art.

16 posts in this topic

Update on 'SKY MASTERS SUNDAYS IN COLOR ENGLISH EDITION' which contains a large section of original art:

The book is RESOLICITED, so previous orders are CANCELED, I apologize for any inconvenience. It'll be included in the JUNE Previews catalog and it'll hit the stores in AUGUST, this time with no delays since it's already printed.

But you don't need to wait, since you can order it NOW from me, and you'll received it in a couple of weeks. Postage to USA from Spain is just $20 thanks to the collaboration of the Kirby Museum.

A cheaper option of shipping it now from Spain to US and Canada is via boat. It'd cost $10, and it'd take about two months to arrive, non traceable. It'd arrive circa mid-june, two months before the official release date.

More details and instructions how to order here:
https://ferrandelgado.blogspot.com.es/2018/04/sky-masters-in-color-english-edition.html

Unboxing video here (poor quality):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOEPpTzgGnE

PROMOTIONAL COPY:

THE PEAK OF THE STRIP AT LAST COMPLETE AND IN REMASTERED COLOR! 
The Sky Masters newspaper strip is one of the most fascinating and obscure works by comics legend Jack Kirby. Created and developed by Kirby with writer Dave Wood at the beginning of 1958 while Kirby was working for National (DC), the daily strip debuted on September 8 in plenty of newspapers. 
Five months after the debut of the daily strip, on February 8, 1959, the creative team started the Sunday strips which had a totally INDEPENDENT storyline. 
The Sundays only lasted for a year, ending abruptly after Kirby received the negative verdict of a lawsuit between him and National editor Jack Schiff that related to Sky Masters. 
The dailies would still be published until February 25, 1961, but by then the best era of the strip had passed. 
The strip narrates, with a realistic approach, the adventures of Major Sky Masters during the space exploration on late '50s. The work was produced  during the Cold War, when the rivalry between U.S. and U.S.S.R. became a frenzied space race.
The combination of the strong points of Kirby and embellisher Wally Wood, in an age when both were totally motivated and at the peak of their careers, brought the art of the strip to unprecedented levels, and the Sundays were its maximum expression. 
Until now, the only edition that compiled the Sundays was incomplete. It missed #52 and the 100 sacrificed panels in the vertical format. Furthermore, it was published in black and white with deficient reproduction. 
For first time ever since its original publication almost six decades ago, the complete 54 Sunday strips, including all the never-before-seen discarded panels, are compiled in color painstakingly remastered in this deluxe book, with the support of the Jack Kirby Museum.  
The color of the Sundays is especially fantastic as it was prepared by Kirby himself, in one of the rare and certified samples of published Kirby Kolor. Inside you'll find 13 beautiful color guides painted by him over pristine stats that highlight Wally Wood's delicate ink work.
The book also includes plenty of extras, like articles by renowned experts and samples of stunning original art, among many other surprises. 
THE CLIMAX OF THE COLLABORATION OF TWO TITANS OF THE COMIC FIELD LIKE JACK KIRBY AND WALLY WOOD!
Edited by FerranDelgado

23 hours ago, FerranDelgado said:

Thanks! No problem to ship it to UK. For Europe shipping via air is also $20 and via surface non traceable is $10. You can check it out here:

http://www.correos.es/ss/Satellite/site/aplicacion-1349167937256-herramientas_y_apps/detalle_app-sidioma=en_GB

Hi Ferran, I sent you $55 via paypal using the 'paypal@revistaplot.es' e-ail address advised on your blog.

Will send you a separate note.

Thanks

Terry Doyle (UK)

10 hours ago, The Voord said:

Hi Ferran, I sent you $55 via paypal using the 'paypal@revistaplot.es' e-ail address advised on your blog.

Will send you a separate note.

Thanks

Terry Doyle (UK)

Received, thank you very much! I'll ship it tomorrow carefully packaged.

Edited by FerranDelgado

GREAT NEWS!! I reached a deal with a new courier that allows me to offer shipping to U.S. via air for only $10!! It's fully traceable and packages will be delivered maximum in two weeks.

I'm afraid that Canadian and European shipping rates are still the same.

On the other hand, the books of the first shipment already arrived to US and they'll be reshipped via Media Mail very soon. European and Canadian shipments already left Spain.

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:43 PM, FerranDelgado said:

Received, thank you very much! I'll ship it tomorrow carefully packaged.

Book arrived a short while ago, thanks, Ferran.  Looks really good.

Highly recommended!!!

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!!
The book will hit the stores TOMORROW, Oct 24th!
Don't miss it! Limited copies, no possibility of reorders and no reprint scheduled!

If you can't find it, as Bud Plant, he has plenty of copies.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN181389?fbclid=IwAR2mcpivVPQLuqL09k5jHyEZzuPkYjg0qmbp2u4Z0RqcwsGc5_L0KZq1rHI