• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics #1 Cover OA...still exists?!?
2 2

233 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Bronty said:

I'll take the under.

I'm not sure that cover is worth 100k.   I'm certain its not worth 300k.

No kidding. If that GA Cap cover couldn't make $100k then this thing is a hard sell at 50k imo.

There *may* be some significant cover art (circa '63) that's been uncovered in recent weeks, but I'm almost hoping it stays hidden because I can't take any more of this from Philip!!

:jokealert: (The part about Phillip...not the part about the art...)

4 minutes ago, Nexus said:

There *may* be some significant cover art (circa '63) that's been uncovered in recent weeks, but I'm almost hoping it stays hidden because I can't take any more of this from Philip!!

:jokealert: (The part about Phillip...not the part about the art...)

Well ain’t that interesting. :headbang:

Seriously though I think most of the material in Jacquet's estate was in nice condition was it not?   the art being in nice condition wouldn't really surprise me

10 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Seriously though I think most of the material in Jacquet's estate was in nice condition was it not?   the art being in nice condition wouldn't really surprise me

I believe so - along with the pay copy of Marvel Comics #1...

6 hours ago, Bill C said:

***Hey I need to clarify something- I just realized your post says it quoted me, but my words were deleted out of there. You're responding to the guy who's arguing with everybody (poorly), which I quoted and responded to also.

I just want to distance myself from his words- which are attributed to me in your response.

I'm sure I put my foot in my mouth enough on my own, heh.

Sorry for the mistake. I just grabbed something in the text box.

8 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

It seems credible. What’s you’re evidence this conversation never happened? Why would Shooter invent it? 

hm

I wonder if Philip researched this angle more if he might be onto anything...

As a side note, Irene did state that Marvel had 934 covers she found (along with the 35,530 pages). She started working there in mid-1974. Has anyone added up the total number of books they published from 1959ish (seems to be when most of the inventory starts) through 1974? Wouldn't be surprised if that number is around 40-50% of everything they did.

Edited by Crowzilla
Added note about Irene and covers

11 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Per Jim Shooter: “Danny Crespi told me that covers returned from the printer to the bullpen back in the 1960's and early 1970's were routinely sold to some guy, a fan, who wanted them. He'd pay a dollar or two per cover.”

http://jimshooter.com/2011/03/mystery-of-missing-box-of-marve.html/#comment-3852

If you make the leap and accept this person existed then it's extremely likely he'd have bought every cover that was available.