• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Membership

4 posts in this topic

Do you need to have a paid for membership in order to submit books to a CGC member at a show? If not, is getting a membership worth it at all? It doesnt give any discount to getting signed books submitted, and for me thats so far the only thing I have ever submitted. I dont see the appeal of submitting books that are just rare, UNLESS, it is a rare book and there is no chance of getting it signed by anybody who worked on it. I however have no books that would be considered rare imo haha 

3 hours ago, Wilddragon said:

Do you need to have a paid for membership in order to submit books to a CGC member at a show? If not, is getting a membership worth it at all? It doesnt give any discount to getting signed books submitted, and for me thats so far the only thing I have ever submitted. I dont see the appeal of submitting books that are just rare, UNLESS, it is a rare book and there is no chance of getting it signed by anybody who worked on it. I however have no books that would be considered rare imo haha 

No, to my understanding you can submit directly at any show that CGC is in attendance without a membership.

As someone who mainly submits with the SS program, getting a membership is still worth it because of the credit. I already know I'm going to spend that amount on grading at one show a year, so I might as well invest in the premium membership. Even at the associate level ($25 as of this year) the benefits are nice just to get access to tracking your books and graders notes.