• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare Cerebus First Fifth Prints for Sale from Gerhard!

10 posts in this topic

A few announcements that you Gerhard/Cerebus fans should be excited about:
1)   Gerhard will be making his first Los Angeles appearance in at least 25 years at the LA Ultimate Comic Art & Collectibles Show taking place Sunday, July 15, 2018.  This show takes place the weekend before San Diego and dealers will be previewing the art they are taking to San Diego.  You may ask - will Gerhard be in San Diego?  Nope, so buy your tickets for the LA Ultimate Show at www.UltimateLAShow.com and see him there!
2)   I am happy to announce that I am officially representing Gerhard in the sale of his original art and other exclusives that he will release from time to time. 
3)   Back to point #2, here’s your first exclusive… back in 1985, Dave and Gerhard created a set of six special high-quality prints/plates titled the “First Fifth.”  There were a total of six plates in the set.  Each 11” x 17” plate featuring characters that were prominent in the 10 issue arc represented by each plate.  Dave and Ger made 100 signed/numbered B&W sets.  They haven’t been available for a long time and rarely ever come up for sale.  Well, Gerhard did a little cleaning up around the house and found a few of these rarities that we wanted to offer up.   Attached you’ll find a list of the individual plates and sets that are available. 
·    Reservations will be accepted on a first-come, first served basis.  Please list alternates in case the number you want is already reserved.
·    Shipping will be $25 for most U.S. locations and $45 for International Locations.  Prints will be shipped directly by Gerhard from Canada.  Please indicate if you would like Gerhard to add any personalization to the print (no additional charge).
4)   Again, with point #2… for those more interested in Cerebus Original Art, Gerhard is cracking his vault (Dave’s vault remains closed) and will be offering 20 vintage Cerebus pages to the public for the first time.  We call this the “Backgrounds in the Forefront Sale” as each of the pages primarily features Gerhard’s intricate backgrounds that he is famous for.  And, because each page doesn’t have pesky “characters” on them, we have kept the price of each page under $900.  Similar to my past sales, I will reveal each page over the course of an hour on my CAF Site.  Please bookmark the site at: http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=179126.  And, time payments are available for those that want to purchase multiple pages.  The sale will start at 9:00AM PT/12:00 PM ET on Sunday, April 29th!
Whew – That’s a lot.  Happy hunting!

First Fifth Sale Ad_4_15_18.jpg

Edited by comiconxion

Don't forget - the "Backgrounds in the Forefront "sale starts at 9AM PT/12 PM ET tomorrow.   Once I've finished listing each piece on CAF, I'll post a full list here of what's for sale.  The best way to ensure you get what you want is to tune in live on CAF when they're all being listed.

Edited by comiconxion

Thanks to all those who participated in the sale this morning.  The response was even greater than anticipated.  It was fast and furious and for those who participated, I hope you found it fun (and fair). 

Within the initial posting period, we sold 16 out of the 20 pages in the sale (many within seconds), but there are still four pages available from the sale.  Those pages are:

·       Cerebus #175 Page 15 (Reads) - $600 Now $500 until 5/31

·       Cerebus #208 Page 3 (Guys) - $700 SOLD

·       Cerebus #225 Page 1 (Rick’s Story) - $700 SOLD

·       Cerebus #263 Page 13 (Form & Void) - $650 Now $550 until 5/31

If you'd like to reserve any of the remaining four pages, please send me an e-mail at comiconxion@hotmail.com.  I've attached pictures of the remaining pages so you don't have to hunt to find them.  

Again, thanks so much to all of you for making this sale a big success and I'm glad I could help fellow collectors add some great vintage Cerebus pages to their collection. 

175.15.jpg

263.13.jpg

Edited by comiconxion

With a little more than a week to go in the sale (which ends 5/31), I have just lowered the prices by $100/each on the two pages that remain.  If you've been on the fence, get them while you can.  It's likely you won't find Cerebus pages like this at such great prices.  

·       Cerebus #175 Page 15 (Reads) - $600 Now $500 until 5/31

·       Cerebus #263 Page 13 (Form & Void) - $650 Now $550 until 5/31

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=179126

Today is the last day of the Backgrounds in the Forefront Sale.  There are still two good pages remaining at great prices from Cerebus #175 and #263.  If you're interested, today is your last day to reserve them.  Please send me a PM if interested in either.

The sale has now ended for the original Cerebus pages.   I will continue to make the First Fifth prints available to those who want them.  Stay tuned for more info. about the special offering we will have at the LA Ultimate Comic Art & Collectibles show on July 15th!  Feel free to send me a note if you want to be added to Gerhard's original art mailing list so that you can stay informed on the latest news about future sales.