• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay seller Tonfulle-84. $357 for a Stan Lee forgery

142 posts in this topic

Front page, baby. #1 google hit for Tonfulle-84: He's already on the radar of POW! Entertainment and the federal and state constables. Unless his buyers send them to PGX for authentication, the repercussions to follow won't take long.  

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=ErbTWvHeBMmn5gKfqpHgDA&q=Tonfulle-84&oq=Tonfulle-84&gs_l=psy-ab.13..0.973.3803.0.5544.11.9.0.2.2.0.104.760.8j1.9.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.11.784...46j0i131k1j0i46k1j0i10k1.0.RSaFp--D3nc

Like forming a diamond, just a matter of time and pressure now.

Here's my advice for buying a Stan Lee autograph, or just about anyone else.

Avoid PGX certified autographs. From what I've seen, in my opinion, they flip a coin. Heads it's good, and tails it's good. IMO, they either haven't a clue, or don't really care.  ??? 

Avoid buying an item unless the seller stands behind it.

Avoid buying a signed item that would have very negligible value, like low grade bargain box garbage, unless it was signed. This is where forgers profit. Turning slow quarters into fast 20s, turning $100 worth of inventory into $10,000. Tens of thousands of forged thrift shop bought books, records, videos, posters, etc., etc become forged items and are sold each week on ebay. Think of ebay as the wild west when it comes to autographed material.

By observing these three very basic tenets for autograph buyer's survival on ebay, you'll improve your chance of buying a genuine auto by 50%.

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

Shouldn't all of these posts on tonfulle just be consolidated into one thread?

My error. Though all under the same general heading, I thought some of them should have their own topic, because of extraneous involvement, like in this thread, PGX being a mitigating component of this particular Tonfulle-84 Lee forgery. I'm a comic book guy nd I'm also an auto guy. I collect non-comic book hobby autos also. Movie, music, TV, sports, authors, etc, etc., which is why signatures on comic books by creators, to me = :cloud9: ..  Which is why I always read Zipper's posts and blogs with great interest, Big Z is the Capo de tutti Capo in the autograph world when it comes to military and aerospace autographs, I wonder how many here realize that, and any of his insights into comic autographs are also highly informative, he has that eage's eye when it comes to identifying fakes of autographs he knows very well. .

It's also why fake signatures on comic books, to me = :jaws:  +   (tsk) +   :makepoint:   .

Like the Sheriff in Jaws, I'm going to run down to the beach, yelling "get out of the water", if I'm sure I see a shark circling unsuspecting swimmers.

Tonfulle-84 is a piker next to some. I started a thread about a seller with 38 listed Lee pieces, of which I'm sure 36 are outright fake and 2 are highly suspect!  There's many more on ebay. You name it. Elvis, Mantle, Maris, Prince, Michael Jackson, Michael Jordan, Marilyn Monroe, Babe Ruth, etc., etc., the list goes on; thousands upon thousands of forgeries listed every week of the most in demand superstar autographs listed on ebay. And now Stan Lee has joined the list, I'm sure due to demand and his age.

Probably 1 general comic book autograph forgery thread is the best idea, consolidate all the sharks in one big tank (let them prey on each other). They have that on many autograph message board, a "Questionable ebay autograph sellers", thread; something along those lines. This way all the sharks can be reviewed in one place, one consolidated thread without having to go to a different aquarium.

Still going strong. Feedback up to 300+. Another horrific Jack Kirby, with a small enough image to fool himself into thinking he can hide just how incredibly bad a forgery it is:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-America-207-FN-5-5-SIGNED-STAN-LEE-AND-JACK-KIRBY-THE-FALCON-L-K-/132927291822?nma=true&si=U62yaoeFqpZI%2BK5ZqeqA4tEijiU%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557  

His Stan Lee forgery has improved somewhat, still way off, but not as way off as it once was. Still a far cry from the real thing at any stage in Stan's life though. Like most hacks, this forger is not different than the rest, imparting elements of his own signature into each and every forgery. He has sold over $25,000 worth of Lee and Kirby forgeries thus far. I've saved images of them all and have shared them and my files on his sales with his State Attorney General's Office. Going to ebay with it is useless. State Attorney General's and their ADAs take a far dimmer view of interstate mail fraud than ebay does.

3 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Still going strong. Feedback up to 300+. Another horrific Jack Kirby, with a small enough image to fool himself into thinking he can hide just how incredibly bad a forgery it is:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-America-207-FN-5-5-SIGNED-STAN-LEE-AND-JACK-KIRBY-THE-FALCON-L-K-/132927291822?nma=true&si=U62yaoeFqpZI%2BK5ZqeqA4tEijiU%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557  

His Stan Lee forgery has improved somewhat, still way off, but not as way off as it once was. Still a far cry from the real thing at any stage in Stan's life though. Like most hacks, this forger is not different than the rest, imparting elements of his own signature into each and every forgery. He has sold over $25,000 worth of Lee and Kirby forgeries thus far. I've saved images of them all and have shared them and my files on his sales with his State Attorney General's Office. Going to ebay with it is useless. State Attorney General's and their ADAs take a far dimmer view of interstate mail fraud than ebay does.

that is so blatantly bad that it is actually hilarious :roflmao:

43 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

:facepalm:

Edited by kav

9 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

that is so blatantly bad that it is actually hilarious :roflmao:

As funny and as bad as you and I think that is, I can tell you firsthand that Steve Marshall's Office is not laughing about it.

https://ago.alabama.gov/ConsumerComplaint 

:jaws:

Edited by James J Johnson

On 4/15/2018 at 3:49 PM, James J Johnson said:

ConfusedEmoji.jpg.4820fb9371f686c0237104afcec0adf9.jpg