• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay seller Tonfulle-84. $357 for a Stan Lee forgery

142 posts in this topic

they are signatures on some signed comics for sale past and current on eBay  by Tonefulle-84

multi signature books and single signature,,, all signed on 3 for a dollar box comics ...usually mid-grade bronze age Marvel reprints ?? !!

am i right ??  Image result for take a bow gif i knew i was so ...... thanks @kav ! that was fun,... and easy too !!!

Edited by 1950's war comics

7 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

they are signatures on some signed comics for sale past and current on eBay  by Tonefulle-84

multi signature books and single signature,,, all signed on 3 for a dollar box comics ...usually mid-grade bronze age Marvel reprints ?? !!

am i right ??  Image result for take a bow gif i knew i was so ...... thanks @kav ! that was fun,... and easy too !!!

Yes but WHAT signatures??

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 7:59 PM, James J Johnson said:

Still going strong. Feedback up to 300+. Another horrific Jack Kirby, with a small enough image to fool himself into thinking he can hide just how incredibly bad a forgery it is:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-America-207-FN-5-5-SIGNED-STAN-LEE-AND-JACK-KIRBY-THE-FALCON-L-K-/132927291822?nma=true&si=U62yaoeFqpZI%2BK5ZqeqA4tEijiU%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557  

His Stan Lee forgery has improved somewhat, still way off, but not as way off as it once was. Still a far cry from the real thing at any stage in Stan's life though. Like most hacks, this forger is not different than the rest, imparting elements of his own signature into each and every forgery. He has sold over $25,000 worth of Lee and Kirby forgeries thus far. I've saved images of them all and have shared them and my files on his sales with his State Attorney General's Office. Going to ebay with it is useless. State Attorney General's and their ADAs take a far dimmer view of interstate mail fraud than ebay does.

JJ, one thing I noticed about these signatures is what you touched on above: The forger incorporates elements of his own writing into the signatures. The Stan Lee sig is, for lack of a better word, too bulbous, and to my eye the Kirby sig is too smooth and unnatural in appearance. Great job on at least trying to apprehend this thoroughly reptilian individual...someone certainly got badly burned on this auction!   :flamed:

Why would Len Wein sign a Hulk 106? His first professional work for Marvel was DD #71, December 1970.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/INCREDIBLE-HULK-106-Signed-Stan-Lee-Trimpe-Len-Wein-Marvel-Comic-Avengers-181-NM/183671130052?hash=item2ac3a707c4:g:NO0AAOSw3-9cWTvF 

Wein106.jpg

Let me tell you where he's really cooked his own goose. Roy Thomas is still living!

"Hey Roy! I've got something interesting to show to you".

Now where did I put that contact info for Roy Thomas? hm 

:idea:  I know!!!!  Right near the contact info for this forger's state Attorney General's office!! :idea:

Edited by James J Johnson

Anybody here on Facebook? Roy Thomas maintains a facebook page. I don't do facebook. Be great if someone here on Facebook can bring this seller's forgeries to Roy's attention and/or direct him here. This seller is churning out Roy Thomas forgeries on many of his Stan Lee forgeries. Roy make take exception to it. Easiest way to get a fast response, IMO.

6 minutes ago, Bird said:

1st is BWS, 3rd Quesada, and I would say last is george Perez.

Spoiler

last is neal adams 3rd is Steranko

7 minutes ago, Bird said:

1st is BWS, 3rd Quesada, and I would say last is george Perez.

BWS yes the others no

Spoiler

steranko and neal adams

1 hour ago, kav said:

How bout these-sigs and partial comic creator sigs-how many can ya get?

Screenshot 2019-02-10 at 12.31.37 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-02-10 at 12.32.51 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-02-10 at 12.34.01 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-02-10 at 12.35.08 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-02-10 at 12.36.12 PM.png

Bernie Wrightson

???

Jim Steranko

Jonh Byrne

Greg Horn

...I Think

EDIT:  Not so great, I see!  lol 

Edited by Turtle

Just now, Turtle said:

Bernie Wrightson

???

Jim Steranko

Jonh Byrne

Greg Horn

...I Think

you got steranko!

Just now, kav said:

the other Big John

It was a coin toss.  I should have known better.  Byrne's "J" usually has more of a tilt to it.  

So

Barry windsor newton astralgalus Smith,

Frazetta, 

Steranko,

John buscimia or whatever,

Kneel Atoms