• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buffalo ComicCon April 2018 - Report
2 2

98 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Cool - was worried you were a California guy who's never been there.  Not my favorite city but I'm sure there is great sections of the area similar to how Cleveland is laid out.

I moved up to Buffalo 34 years ago from NY, never left. Fantastic food, people and affordable lifestyle. I will be at the show and there is a bar (show food sucks but there is a bar by the entrance) so if anyone is in town lets meet on Sat around 5.

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:57 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

IMG_20180415_123512880.thumb.jpg.d4b25d1272eb3c6e9e4ee668ba21ee8a.jpg

nothing against dogs and this dog is very cute but his owner is a long time vendor at buffalo shows and should be able to find someone to watch the pooch when he's set up at a con,  just my opinion.....

9 minutes ago, anstettoman said:

nothing against dogs and this dog is very cute but his owner is a long time vendor at buffalo shows and should be able to find someone to watch the pooch when he's set up at a con,  just my opinion.....

Here he is with the dog at the Batavia auction I went to a couple of months ago:

dog.jpg

20 minutes ago, anstettoman said:

had my best purchases from this guy behind the cosplay deathstroke, bagged, boarded organized and easy to run thru some books to  flip like 1st series runaways, later issues of image X-O, animal man #1, wildcat covert action team later issues, probably would have been better seeing this collection when he 1st picked it up as it had been picked thru but very nice to see someone who took the time to organize too many people don't, not a big fan of under the table looking at books (tough on the back) but very nice job by this seller.

I officially gave up on floor boxes this year. Just not worth the hassle of back pain, hunching over and being in the middle of an aisle with my hanging out. I always tell myself I'm not missing out on anything, but there's this little voice in the back of my head...

11 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Yeah I've been there, have family there. There is some beautiful country upstate New York.

It's not that great this week though, but our summers are wonderful.... and no jokes about only 2 weeks of it. :)

On 4/16/2018 at 4:56 PM, Grib said:

Nickel City Con is happening in May, come to it i'll buy you a drink. frank Cho, Barbara Eden, Hulk Hogern, Mike Zeck and CGC will be there.

And Jeremy Bulloch!

well i know Darren at least made $1 i bought an animal man #1 for $1 from him but i did bring him a book after the show to have pressed let you know how it works out, but you are correct very nice guy indeed

Edited by anstettoman

On 4/17/2018 at 10:42 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Here he is with the dog at the Batavia auction I went to a couple of months ago:

dog.jpg

Nothing steams my buns more than getting outbid by a dog.  Barking something that remotely sounds like "cut bid" should not be allowed. :mad: