• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: X-Men # !

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

What are your opinions on the grade of this comic based on its front cover?  For background, the comic lost pieces of the spine on the top left corner.  The comic also does not lay flat, and has a wave-like appearance.  There are also creases on the bottom left corner.  Additionally, it has a red stain on the center-left at the top. 

Unfortunately, I have only a front photo of this comic.  I already sent this issue, along with two other comics, for grading and pressing.  However, I do not recall anything significant on the back.  My two upcoming posts have only the front photos as well.  I also added a photo of my three comics together.

Thanks! 

5ad4d3c746567_X-Men1.thumb.jpeg.5ec0822dccc35c11d7d9dfa365ada7b0.jpeg

5ad4d3b2a085b_1stBatch.thumb.jpeg.1681eaf5020d068daa10bb8a0e62144d.jpeg

Yes, you are all right. The bags were a tad small, but this comic continues to have a wave-like appearance out of the bag.  The bag accentuates the wave-like appearance.   My Amazing Spiderman # 4 laid flat when out of the bag.  All three of the comics were in their bags for little over 2 hours.  They were taken out when dropped off at CGC. 

Thank you all for the advice!

44 minutes ago, Captain Novolin said:

Yes, you are all right. The bags were a tad small, but this comic continues to have a wave-like appearance out of the bag.  The bag accentuates the wave-like appearance.   My Amazing Spiderman # 4 laid flat when out of the bag.  All three of the comics were in their bags for little over 2 hours.  They were taken out when dropped off at CGC. 

Thank you all for the advice!

Hopefully you got CGC to press it, that will come out with a press if it was just in the bag like that too long.