• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern ASM: A study in Lameness or why Disney sucks

34 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

I Think in about 3 weeks we will see an Influx of ASM 800s CGC Variants on the Bay  Which Variants do you thing will command highest demand? 

Now I know there are Many Store Esxclusives and The Delotto, Mobeius and Ditko Incentives

Looking at The  12 Covers(Not Exclusive or Incentives)

There is

Ross (Standard)

Ramos 

Romita

Bagley

Frenz

Cambell 

Rivera

Dodson 

Land

Bradshaw

Cassady

Cho

I personally Picked up the Midtown Exclusive and Delotto Virgin

As Far as Store Versions I am at a LOSS WAY too Many... I actually Couldn't Decide which if Any I like  (Parillo, Mayhew, Kirman I Got Midtowns Because I got the Venom.  )  

Moebius

13 minutes ago, williamblood said:

the dell'otto virgin and mayhew's covers will be the "it" books. fyi alot of the dell'otto's had color rub and shipping damage should cut back on the 9.8 a little

nobody knows what the "it" books will be. your comment comes off like you're pumping them.

also, all damaged books will be replaced by Diamond.

33 minutes ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

nobody knows what the "it" books will be. your comment comes off like you're pumping them.

also, all damaged books will be replaced by Diamond.

lol they only over print so many, and with the amount damaged they will never be able to replace them all unless they do a 2nd printing of them. as for it books i judge it by whats selling and the dell'otto and mayhew are moving

1 hour ago, williamblood said:

lol they only over print so many, and with the amount damaged they will never be able to replace them all unless they do a 2nd printing of them. as for it books i judge it by whats selling and the dell'otto and mayhew are moving

I think you have to seperate the 3 categories 

1. REG and   Variants there are 12 or so... all around 9.99

Romita Jrs, Ross, cho  and Bradshaw my friend at midtown said were pretty popular on the pre order but he isnt sure  as he only handled a  few customers today who bought 

2.  Incentives

Mobeius reg and  1-100 Virgin 

Delotto red  and 1-200 Virgin

Ross Virgin 1-500

Ditko rarest 1-500 and 1-1000

3. Store Variants most are 3000 and 1000 print runs or they say.  Not sure about that voldy only signed deal from i think mb 

MAYHEW is pretty much sold out but this is just my opinion....romita  did asm 238 should have done the 797 and 800...mayhew is the cover recreator extradonaire I know.  

Also i heard a mosaic homage to 300 isnt going as well as thought.  

I think it depends on what you like in a spidey cover.  I have my reader (if 9.99 is a reader).

Not so worried slott is done...it was an ok run that came on strong at end but more worried immonen ia done.  

Ugh I am so tired of this. Why is Marvel bothering doing a relaunch/reboot AGAIN? because of a new artist/writer taking over, because they made it to 800 issues after going through all that trouble justifying how the renumbering would work out, or just because that is the only way they are making money on comics?  they could easily keep the numbering and pump out insane retailer incentive variants regardless of the numbering.  you know they will do it all over again at issue 900 and especially 1000 like or worse than the action comics variants.  why do they keep doing this over and over again?

this is literally the definition of insanity or stupidity, not sure which.

6 hours ago, justafan said:

Ugh I am so tired of this. Why is Marvel bothering doing a relaunch/reboot AGAIN? because of a new artist/writer taking over, because they made it to 800 issues after going through all that trouble justifying how the renumbering would work out, or just because that is the only way they are making money on comics?  they could easily keep the numbering and pump out insane retailer incentive variants regardless of the numbering.  you know they will do it all over again at issue 900 and especially 1000 like or worse than the action comics variants.  why do they keep doing this over and over again?

The only good thing with the series that are going back to #1 is they have a 2nd LGY (legacy) number right below the new number. So the new ASM will have a LGY-802 right below the #1.

8 hours ago, Not A Clone said:

The only good thing with the series that are going back to #1 is they have a 2nd LGY (legacy) number right below the new number. So the new ASM will have a LGY-802 right below the #1.

so somewhat similar to the v2 series where they kept the legacy numbering on the barcode but this time will do it on the actual trade dress below the new numbering?  will this be considered Vol 5?

1 hour ago, justafan said:

so somewhat similar to the v2 series where they kept the legacy numbering on the barcode but this time will do it on the actual trade dress below the new numbering?  will this be considered Vol 5?

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's Vol 6. They had 2 new #1's between 700 & 800. Vol 2 ended with 700.5 I believe. Then 789-801 would be the 5th. At least that's how MyComicShop breaks it down. Superior Spider-Man is now counted in the Amazing #'s which is how they got to 800. It's 701-731 I believe.Here's an example from the newest Black Panther #1. Similar to vol 2. I guess it's their compromise. They feel like they can't bring in new readers who may be intimidated by a high number and also realize people like us hate the re-numbering. However for some reason they didn't do it on every book. Daredevil still has the 600's going. Perhaps they are waiting on the current run to end.

detail.jpg

Edited by Not A Clone

On 6/3/2018 at 1:18 PM, Not A Clone said:

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's Vol 6. They had 2 new #1's between 700 & 800. Vol 2 ended with 700.5 I believe. Then 789-801 would be the 5th. At least that's how MyComicShop breaks it down. Superior Spider-Man is now counted in the Amazing #'s which is how they got to 800. It's 701-731 I believe.Here's an example from the newest Black Panther #1. Similar to vol 2. I guess it's their compromise. They feel like they can't bring in new readers who may be intimidated by a high number and also realize people like us hate the re-numbering. However for some reason they didn't do it on every book. Daredevil still has the 600's going. Perhaps they are waiting on the current run to end.

detail.jpg

This latest reboot is technically volume #5 NOT 6 if it matters at this point.

4 minutes ago, LovetheLizard said:

This latest reboot is technically volume #5 NOT 6 if it matters at this point.

Cool, wasn't sure if the 789 started a new volume. Last time I checked, the volume wasn't even listed anymore. I think MyComicShop gave up too & just started making their own up lol. That LGY is the only saving grace to another #1. I thought the 1:1000 was ridiculous, but 1:2000? C'mon. 

On 6/2/2018 at 8:38 PM, justafan said:

People keep buying them. That's why they've done it over and over again, and will continue to do so. That people buy them over and over again might be the place to look for insanity or stupidity.