• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overstreet's baby steps toward reality
2 2

43 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mmehdy said:

Geppi's on his youtube video does seem to look to a bright future, the more flippers and inter dealer sales the higher cost to the true collector, with the larger tumble when true value and true demand market conditions apply. when demand cools

I do believe there is at least some trickle down benefit to the comic book collecting market in general with the massive success of the superheroes in mass media. For sure it’s helping the characters value in back issues for the characters that have hit into main stream media but I think there is a degree of legitimizing the collecting field as a whole with the success of the comic book being a source of material on everything from movies to TV to video games to toys. People outside of comics collecting are more aware than ever before that these things have value. I think that perception if it continues will bode well for comics and their values in a general sense. My opinion at least.

38 minutes ago, N e r V said:

I do believe there is at least some trickle down benefit to the comic book collecting market in general with the massive success of the superheroes in mass media. For sure it’s helping the characters value in back issues for the characters that have hit into main stream media but I think there is a degree of legitimizing the collecting field as a whole with the success of the comic book being a source of material on everything from movies to TV to video games to toys. People outside of comics collecting are more aware than ever before that these things have value. I think that perception if it continues will bode well for comics and their values in a general sense. My opinion at least.

Another HUGE factor that's positively impacting the hobby: New foreign collectors and investors. Comic book collecting/investing was largely confined to the US and Canada until relatively recently. It's exploding all over the world now.  Of course, the superhero media explosion has helped fuel this, the Marvel cinematic universe in particular.

1 minute ago, twmjr1 said:

Another HUGE factor that's positively impacting the hobby: New foreign collectors and investors. Comic book collecting/investing was largely confined to the US and Canada until relatively recently. It's exploding all over the world now.  Of course, the superhero media explosion has helped fuel this, the Marvel cinematic universe in particular.

Maybe we need to build a wall and keep them out? lol