• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eternals - 1976 series (Marvel Bronze Age) CLUB
4 4

193 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

I passed up issue 1 and 2 and only focused on issue 3 which I think if they cast right will be a monster down the road.

:wishluck: I got a real reader. :)

34 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

Who would have thought that there would be numerous threads and heated debates on the Eternals?  :insane:

And, I've only had to wait 40 years ! :preach:

Not long, ago, I remember reading somewhere that in current Marvel continuity, Mentor of Titan (father to Thanos) had been retconned into an Eternal, and that Thanos is half-Eternal/half-Deviant. 

Is any of that reflected in the MCU version of Thanos?

On 4/27/2018 at 8:37 AM, jools&jim said:

Not long, ago, I remember reading somewhere that in current Marvel continuity, Mentor of Titan (father to Thanos) had been retconned into an Eternal, and that Thanos is half-Eternal/half-Deviant. 

Is any of that reflected in the MCU version of Thanos?

Need head-spinning emoji here, but I guess this will have to do :pullhair:

43 minutes ago, divad said:

Need head-spinning emoji here, but I guess this will have to do :pullhair:

Yup. In one of the other threads I suggested Thanos needs to be included in the Eternals film to make it more commercially viable.  Also, as with The Eternals and Celestials, another of my all-time favourite characters.

His background has been played around with by writers a bit, such as Jim Krueger in the Earth / Universe X series suggesting that his mother was a shapeshifted Skrull, in order to explain his facial appearance, but his heritage has generally gravitated back towards the What If? original series retcon that the inhabitants of Titan are Eternals, and Thanos is an Eternal with a mutable, Deviant-like gene or is otherwise an Eternal-Deviant hybrid, to likewise explain his anomalous appearance.

Edited by Ken Aldred

4 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Yup. In one of the other threads I suggested Thanos needs to be included in the Eternals film to make it more commercially viable.  Also, as with The Eternals and Celestials, another of my all-time favourite characters.

Isn't it amazing how even the slightest hint of a potential movie appearance can suddenly turn forgotten 25 cent box books into highly sought after 3-figure books. :screwy:

Especially when all of the buyers appears to be speculators buying only for the purposes of hopefully reselling them at a higher price.  Almost makes me wonder who the final big dollar buyer is going to be since I highly doubt any of the newly minted movie going fans is all of a sudden going to become big money comic book collectors.  hm

Whatever happened to all of the talk about Warlock having a big part in these Avengers and Thanos cosmic related movies or is that a dead issue by now?  ???

Edited by lou_fine

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Whatever happened to all of the talk about Warlock having a big part in these Avengers and Thanos cosmic related movies or is that a dead issue by now

The cocoon (and Warlock actually being named) appears in an end credits scene in Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

Edited by Ken Aldred

55 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:
1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Whatever happened to all of the talk about Warlock having a big part in these Avengers and Thanos cosmic related movies or is that a dead issue by now

The cocoon (and Warlock actually being named) appears in an end credits scene in Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

Are telling me that my Warlock related books might still have a chance to make me some money after all?  :wishluck:  :whee:

with announcement of two writers tied to Eternals yesterday, I expect this series to get some more heat. Keep in mind there is all kinds of goodness outside of the first 2 issues! Reported here first issue 3, 5 & 7 are going to be big if / when movie gets developed.