• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC's BLACKHAWK directed by Steven Spielberg (TBD)
1 1

33 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I'm sure the WTB thread will be populated with requests for Blackhawk 133, 1st Lady Blackhawk. I already got a PM on my copy this morning. Not For Sale.

Blackhawk#133.jpg

Nice one!  I've got a 6.5 as well.  Found it by accident on a comic site for $32 a couple of years ago.  Even a blind squirrel gets a nut every once in a while, I guess.  Yours looks real pretty for a 6.5!

13 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I believe this is the second appearance of Lady Blackhawk.....

Blackhawk#140.jpg

You are correct sir - I actually prefer this cover - more of a heroic stance for lady Blackhawk 

On 4/19/2018 at 4:23 AM, FineCollector said:

I don't know much about Blackhawk, but what other keys are the dirty flippers going to scrounge for?  First War Wheel? 

Depends if Spielberg will try to be politically correct by filming Blackhawk Squadron without Chop Chop but the first War Wheel has potential due to current state of special fx:

MDuz6UI.jpg

On 4/18/2018 at 6:06 AM, Crimebuster said:

DC's early 80's revival of Blackhawk by Mark Evanier and Dan Spiegle came about because DC wanted to have a comic on the stands to take advantage of Spielberg's interest in doing a Blackhawk movie. which of the many versions of Blackhawk Spielberg is going to work from? he could use elements from the Chaykin run as well. 

Chaykin's #2 from 1988 contains the re-intro of Lady Blackhawk:

JZtpnPv.jpg