• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Grail Are You Pursuing?
5 5

86 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Mac Man said:

So? What are you going after?

Its been a while since I've been back, so I'm less focused, but I'd love to get some nice, low grade, early GA Batman and Superman books along with keys from that era.

Great choices.  I'd love to get an Action 36 and Superman 15!

4 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Amazing Fantasy #15
Amazing Spider-Man #1 (vol. 1)
Jim Lee Original Art - commission (preferably Batman and Catwoman)
Jim Lee Original Art - comic page (preferably Hush)
Infinity #4 Original Art - comic pages (the scene where Thor takes out the Builder)

Man, in Baltimore Comic Con 2008, I was next in line to get a free sketch from Jim Lee, and the ones he was doing were huge - 11"x14"! What killed me is that some of the folks who got their free sketch turned right around and flipped 'em. :tonofbricks:

Edited by Mac Man

7 hours ago, piper said:

Great choices.  I'd love to get an Action 36 and Superman 15!

Hm. Those early Superman issues are really something special, no? I had a lead on a coverless Action #23 but missed out on it. :facepalm:

I still need to get my hands on a Batman #20 -- one of the first GA books I fell in love with but never managed to acquire. And of course, maybe tack on another nice early GA Cap. Yeah, GA Bats, Cap, and Supes are pretty high on my list. 

2 hours ago, Mac Man said:

Man, in Baltimore Comic Con 2008, I was next in line to get a free sketch from Jim Lee, and the ones he was doing were huge - 11"x14"! What killed me is that some of the folks who got their free sketch turned right around and flipped 'em. :tonofbricks:

And that is why he charges ludicrous amounts of money for his original art now.  :(