• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deaderer than dead?
5 5

258 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, porcupine48 said:

I miss the active topics function.Check activity and it's a million posts from the same threads.Active topics made it so much easier to browse,and you'd catch more things from all over.

I miss that too. I use the Unread Content function now (sometimes the All Activity function) but it's not the same. :cry:

5 hours ago, Kramerica said:

I recently returned after a long sabbatical and yeah, it seems pretty dormant.

• Should we have an open house?
  • Membership drive? Risque entertainment?
  • Win a Dream Date with (insert Forum Member here)?
  • Perhaps we need a "companion thread" to this. "Ideas for making the threads sexy again?"

But seriously, I really think this place has way, way too many sub-forums. There seems to be forums for things that don't need their own forum. And the best way I can see to liven things up is to condense. Like a "Gold, Silver and Bronze" area instead of having a forum for each. A few forums can be eliminated altogether and that traffic would go back to Comics General. And Comics General could stand to lose some sub-forums too. From what I remember these sub-forums were created because the original forums were so clogged and busy. That isn't the case now and in the future it can always be changed. But for now we could simplify the number of forums and a side benefit would be people being exposed to material that they normally wouldn't be perusing.

Maybe Thanos could eliminate half the sub-forums for the better of the boards? hm

49 minutes ago, StingerMcK said:

Also noticed lately a lot of sales threads are removed and no reason given.  Come on, we need all the threads and traffic we can get lol

The one that was done this morning was because two of the books were on eBay.

That being said, I was not the squealer.  I went to eBay to check the veracity of the "good deal" claims.

29 minutes ago, DR.X said:
3 hours ago, lizards2 said:

That being said, I was not the squealer.

Squealers don't live long.  :banana:

I'm not so sure about that.  There appears to be plenty of long-lived squealers on these boards.  I do wonder at times if anyone at all is listening to their squeals, though. lol

3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I'm not so sure about that.  There appears to be plenty of long-lived squealers on these boards.  I do wonder at times if anyone at all is listening to their squeals, though. lol

Hey this could be a new forum " Squealers Corner "

5 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

My favorite are the guys who call up eBay customer service to inform on sellers making deals outside of eBay with their listed items. Talk about having no life :facepalm:

Be interesting to know if the stats show board traffic to be significantly reduced from what it was on the old boards.  Last time Arch commented, he said that it was about the same.  Sure seems much lower to me.

I like the new boards.  The way unread posts are handled is worth a lot by itself.  In any event, iirc, keeping the old boards wasn't an option.

I hope we're not in a death spiral of fewer people coming by because there is less new stuff to read and there's less new stuff because posts aren't getting responded to so there's less incentive to post, which leads to fewer people bothering to come by ... and so on down the drain.

Something like that happened on the eBay comics chat board of bygone days. 

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

I think the react feature causes less posts.  

People used to post that they liked or agreed with something and they told why they did; that in turn would spark conversation and/or further follow up causing people to bond. Yes, the like button is not anonymous, but does little to encourage feedback. 

There is no negative button.... is that why when someone actually bothers to post, it can often be negative feedback?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

People used to post that they liked or agreed with something and they told why they did; that in turn would spark conversation and/or further follow up causing people to bond. Yes, the like button is not anonymous, but does little to encourage feedback. 

There is no negative button.... is that why when someone actually bothers to post, it can often be negative feedback?

You were supposed to just react to my post.  :baiting: