• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 May STAN LEE CGC Signing
1 1

6 posts in this topic

As many of you know, Stan Lee has been getting older and as such signing opportunities are getting more rare. And getting books signed that are eligible for CGC Signature Series Grading is becoming more difficult. The exact date of this signing has not been determined BUT it WILL take place in May. This is NOT a convention signing. Desert Wind has been authorized to announce accepting books and will accept books up to the submission deadline, so submit now so you don't get caught by surprise and miss the signing.

The price to get a book signed and CGC graded is $165.00 for a modern tier. That price includes grading of a modern tier book, our witnessing and handling fee and Stan’s signing fee. It does NOT include return shipping or the CGC $5.00 form fee. Please refer to the Celestial-comics.com website for other grading tiers and costs such as shipping and fast track fees. You must fill out a Celestial-Comics submission form found on our website to submit with any books submitted. There is NO limitations to the number of books submitted. If you wish to submit under your own CGC please contact Sharon.

Books for these signings can get additional signatures on them depending on shows and other private signings that take place. Please contact Desert Wind regarding getting additional signatures on the book prior to Stan’s signing. We look forward to helping customers to get their books signed by Stan. We started the Stan CGC signings back in 2008 and are super excited to be able to continue this signing for fans and collectors alike. Please send all emails questions to Sharon@celestial-comics.com.

The mail-in submission deadline for this signing is May 4th. We will be accepting onsite submission drop offs at the Desert Wind booth during the East Coast Comic Con and at Celestial Comics during Free Comic Book Day. 

stan-lee-premiere-the-avengers-05.jpg

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:37 AM, Drbearsec said:

I’m wondering if the fact it’s a private signing will help.  Maybe longer breaks etc?

That video was a snapshot. We don't know what is going on, other than he had a bad day. He could be perfectly fine, but just came back from his bout with pneumonia too soon.

1 hour ago, reddwarf666222 said:

That video was a snapshot. We don't know what is going on, other than he had a bad day. He could be perfectly fine, but just came back from his bout with pneumonia too soon.

He could also be completely miserable and in pain.  As you said, we don't know.  

Back to my pondering...I would probably assume in general that a private signing is far easier on the artist/celebrity than a booth.  The ability to stop and take breaks and be in a comfortable setting I would assume is easier on them physically and mentally... regardless of age.   Not having to keep a line moving, I'd think makes life easier.