• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Memphis Comic Expo - October 20th - 21st, 2018

14 posts in this topic

I did not see a thread for this so I thought I would post it as myself and some friend are thinking of attending.  Great list of cool creators and have heard from folks that it has a nice selection of comics as well.

Guest list so far:

Chris Claremont

Donny Cates

Larry Lama

Darick Robertson

Mike Grell

Kevin Maguire

Kevin Nowlan

Bob McLeod

Ty Templeton

Joe Stanton

Rafer Robertson

Ande Parks

Mike Norton

Kyle Starks

Chris Schweizer

Don Kramer

Mikey Babinski

John Lucas

Kelly Williams

Anthony Max

Jae Lee

Michael Adams

Edited by SSkufan

On 4/19/2018 at 1:41 PM, entalmighty1 said:

I haven't decided if I'll be setting up as a vendor yet or not, but I'll definitely be in attendance.  Any boardies that end up going, reach out before the show and we'll get some BBQ. (thumbsu 

I am coming down with some folks I think.  Never been to Memphis so my friend who loves Memphis wants to spend some time on Beales St.

1 hour ago, entalmighty1 said:

@lhcomics Hope to see you there again this year sir.  Bring some Golden Age stuff!  Your boy Doug (from Nashville/Paducah) is always bragging about your inventory.  :baiting: 

Can't make it this year. Doug is a regular at my comic booth in the Antique Mall where I sell comics here in Paducah. 

On 10/20/2018 at 2:49 PM, CCComics said:

Can anyone that is there tell me what the vendor selection looks like? I'm thinking of going tomorrow but It's about a 5 hour drive for me. Thanks

Sorry for the late response - not sure if you made it.  There were hardly any GA books at the show.  One vendor had a couple slabbed issues of Comic Calvalcade, but other than nothing really.   Saw a couple of nice keys and semi-key books.  There was  A LOT of discount book boxes that you could have dug in all day.   One gentlemen did set up with a nice collection of SA and BA books that belonged to a relative who passed.  He had bagged and boarded, price and organized the books and there were several deals to be had  if you dug.  I know a vendor who bought him out at the end of the show.  That said, it was really slow I guess on Sunday . . . . 

Hope that helps.