• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finer than 12 year old whiskey - 12 years in the making - Planet Comics #1-73 Completed!!
3 3

123 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, jhutton2 said:

All photos are now uploaded for your viewing pleasure ?.  I am glad I am able to share my love of these books and the Planet Comic run with anyone who takes the time to look through this thread.

As much as comics can be inspiring, this fits the bill.  The amount of patience, persistence, time, energy, and money that goes into something like this really can't be overstated.  Thanks for sharing!

19 hours ago, jhutton2 said:

Planet Comics #1 ?. CGC 7.5 cream to off white pages.   One of the best comics in my collection and the first Science Fiction comic ever.  Not my first Planet Comics issue I purchased but really the issue that started my interest in the run.

07F8F6E6-F54D-4B55-82E7-89E5F57BE2C8.jpeg

:golfclap:Congrats! Love seeing these types of Threads, and always happy for the Boardie who posts them! Hope you hold onto them for a while and continue to enjoy them. Nice seeing them all this way.

Man, that's epic! I love Planets and know I've seen them all at one time or another but to see them like this is indeed a treat. Congrats on completing your quest. Thanks for sharing with us. As hard as it is to pick a favorite cover, I'd still have to go with #34. What is your favorite?  My next question, now that you are done, what comes next? Upgrading? Or a new run? Me, I love Friction House and would pick Fight. Just awsome covers and like Planet, some real challenging issues to find. 

20 hours ago, jhutton2 said:

Planet Comics #1 ?. CGC 7.5 cream to off white pages.   One of the best comics in my collection and the first Science Fiction comic ever.  Not my first Planet Comics issue I purchased but really the issue that started my interest in the run.

07F8F6E6-F54D-4B55-82E7-89E5F57BE2C8.jpeg

Well done on assembling this spectacular run! That’s quite a milestone! I like how you spooled the books in reverse chronological order. (thumbsu

Now that you’ve completed your Weird Adventures on Other Worlds, the burning question is: which Universe of the Future will you tackle next?

15 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Well done on assembling this spectacular run! That’s quite a milestone! I like how you spooled the books in reverse chronological order. (thumbsu

Now that you’ve completed your Weird Adventures on Other Worlds, the burning question is: which Universe of the Future will you tackle next?

Have not decided really.  Lots of different things on the go these days non comic related so will likely put some energy and finances in that direction first.   Pre code horror and sci-fi comics are my first love in comicdom so it will likely be in that space somewhere when I do pick a direction.