• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does 'signed' mean eBay prelisting info?

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I listed Marvel Comic Moon Knight #1 on eBay.  When I looked at my ad again, under the ebay catalog info I realized it said "signed" next to artists name. I always choose "prefill with eBay catalog info" since I thought it was the official publishing info on the comic -- But seeing the word "signed" concerns me as my comic does not contain any actual autographs or signatures.

I do not say signed in the ad title, or anywhere else, but someone reading the pre-filled info will see it, and I wondered if has a separate meaning in the comic world when you are reading the pre-filled info? -- There are already bids on item so it is a bit concerning that I might be misrepresenting the item.

Please see the screenshot I attached of what the "pre-filled" info looks like. Where is says 'signed' next to Bill's name.

Thank you

Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 9.55.51 AM.png

Edited by Ak49

Ohhhhh, man. I am such a noob!  I was looking at the cover and realized there is a 'printed' signature of Bill's on the cover, which is I'm pretty sure what is meant by signed.  Think I just answered my own question, so thanks for being tolerant of me and maybe this will help someone else down the line!