• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ETERNALS #1? Buy or sell? Will it last?
1 1

109 posts in this topic

So ETERNALS #1 has been announced to be developed. With so many copies floating around will it be a hot commodity like FF #52 or a flop like FF #45. What do you think? Buy or sell?

Edited by Dogsupreme
grammer

59 minutes ago, Dogsupreme said:

So ETERNALS #1 has been announced to be developed. With so many copies floating around will it be a hot commodity like FF #52 or a flop like FF #44. What do you think? Buy or sell?

Fantastic Four 44 - 1st Gorgon!

I'm in the sell column myself but that is what flippers do - buy low and sell when it goes up.  Will the book continue to climb?  Really depends on how good a movie they can really make based on the story.  If you think it could be good then hold until the 1st preview.  With so many copies you can still keep your eyes out for a missed copy in the $5 bins and grab another down the road.

I have a few books that I bought off the rack around 77 so I'm game to have them graded than sell. Not sure if flipping is what I'm doing but I sure would like to make a high grade to sell half. It would allow me to buy higher grade signed books or sketches. Aardvark88 mentioned Kirby's Black Panther has sales remained high because of the movie being so hot?

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

Have to admit, to me anyways...it seems odd to take the entire phase 4 in that direction. I'm still skeptical...has this been confirmed yet?

Nope...that's why you sell. Plenty of time for market fluctuations even if it does turn out to be true.

Edited by ygogolak

3 hours ago, jools&jim said:

What's at least a little bit amusing to me about all of this is that Kirby's work for Marvel during the '70s was, shall we say, not particularly "well received" by many fans at the time...which is one reason why these books have been 50-cent box fodder for decades.

And still should be. 

Are the modern storylines any good for Eternals?  I get the movie hype and all but if there isn't a good modern story line then it's all based on how well the movie does.  Do the Eternals really have that much better potential than Nova or Ms Marvel?  Star Wars even? 

This feels just like Deadpool and Harleyquinn when they started going gangbusters but at least with those two there was some backing on the modern comic front.  Regardless of how you feel about the Kirby issues, I'm just not sure where the following is. 

Then again, Black Panther hit it out of the park.

31 minutes ago, ft88 said:

Are the modern storylines any good for Eternals?  I get the movie hype and all but if there isn't a good modern story line then it's all based on how well the movie does.  Do the Eternals really have that much better potential than Nova or Ms Marvel?  Star Wars even? 

This feels just like Deadpool and Harleyquinn when they started going gangbusters but at least with those two there was some backing on the modern comic front.  Regardless of how you feel about the Kirby issues, I'm just not sure where the following is. 

Then again, Black Panther hit it out of the park.

Gaiman had a great Eternals run ...

Gaiman's run was quite faithful to Kirby's original series, and far, far better than the drivel written by Chuck Austen a few years earlier. 

Edited by Ken Aldred