• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ETERNALS #1? Buy or sell? Will it last?
1 1

109 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, 1p36DSA said:

Its a total farce and the person is an @ss, I hate people wasting space on ebay with stuff that isn't intended to sell and it isn't good for the comic hobby in general.

Nothing in there I would judge bad for the hobby. Its not like the guy is lying he is telling the truth the book is common as hell.

5 minutes ago, paul747 said:

What would cause someone to waste their time pulling this stunt? What would his motivation be?  :facepalm:

I mean really. If I was to say ih 181 is not at all rare in a listing.... what would I prove?

ASM 300, NM 98, Adam Hughes-Campbell-mcfarlane covers... the list goes on. 

It's called speculation. I never heard once that people were speculating on this book because it was "rare" 

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Nothing in there I would judge bad for the hobby. Its not like the guy is lying he is telling the truth the book is common as hell.

Except that he doesn't own one, nor is he selling one. He only wants to bring attention to his one real listing. Poor taste at best.:p

Why is this guy keep doing this?

Looks like Ebay has been pulling his listings and people actually hit BUY IT NOW for some his previous just for giggles.  I wonder why Ebay just doesn't outright ban him permanently for doing this

https://www.ebay.com/sch/pramood123/m.html?item=282939217243&epid=85371374&hash=item41e07dd55b%3Ag%3AhWcAAOSw0Pxa1eeJ&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Edited by blahposh

On 23/04/2018 at 10:08 PM, scooter99 said:

Bob, did you sell all of your raw 1's and 2's?  You listed a bunch and I don't see nary a one now.

:banana:

On 2018-04-24 at 7:09 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I think the guy who put up this listing has the right idea.  Read the fine print.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282928687128

So I’ve reached out to the seller ssking what his motivation was. He declined to post it himself but was fine if I shared his reply, which was:

New message from: pramood123 (87Blue Star)

I am collector and I was interested in buying a 9.8 copy myself knowing it is not that rare. I purchased one for $400 and one for $500. However, Many sellers cancelled my order after I made payment saying the item was out of stock and I know they all lied. They put it on sale later and I noticed few new ebayers doing shill bidding on them. I own a 9.6 copy myself that i bought before the rumors came out. I felt I need to make buyers aware of these false marketing tactics. My intention is not to downgrade the book but to point out the greed and devious business practices. Tow days ago, one comic bookseller (Sean Husvar of Sleeping Giant Collectible based in Buffalo, NY) made payment on two of my Eternals #1 CGC 9.8 listings even thought he knows they are not for sale! He lives in Buffalo which is 8 hrs away from my place. He purchased and paid for two of Eternals # 1 listing even though my listing says it is not for sale and available for local pick up only. He was one of the seller who had CGC 9.8 copy listed on his sleeping giant website and took it off after I placed the order. Its people like him that made me do it. Hope I answered your questions.

38 minutes ago, c_mkv said:

So I’ve reached out to the seller ssking what his motivation was. He declined to post it himself but was fine if I shared his reply, which was:

I am collector and I was interested in buying a 9.8 copy myself knowing it is not that rare. I purchased one for $400 and one for $500. However, Many sellers cancelled my order after I made payment saying the item was out of stock and I know they all lied. They put it on sale later and I noticed few new ebayers doing shill bidding on them. I own a 9.6 copy myself that i bought before the rumors came out. I felt I need to make buyers aware of these false marketing tactics. My intention is not to downgrade the book but to point out the greed and devious business practices. Tow days ago, one comic bookseller (Sean Husvar of Sleeping Giant Collectible based in Buffalo, NY) made payment on two of my Eternals #1 CGC 9.8 listings even thought he knows they are not for sale! He lives in Buffalo which is 8 hrs away from my place. He purchased and paid for two of Eternals # 1 listing even though my listing says it is not for sale and available for local pick up only. He was one of the seller who had CGC 9.8 copy listed on his sleeping giant website and took it off after I placed the order. Its people like him that made me do it. Hope I answered your questions.

Looks like Mission Accomplished - in an "unorthodox" manner.

He got some speculators/collectors/boards talking about it specifically and in a more general sense, and he vented his frustration over crooked business practices.

Edited by jcjames

6 hours ago, c_mkv said:

Why do people feel the need to qualify what they do with their money by getting an "I'm a collector" in there before complaining about how a seller chooses to price his product. (I'm not condoning shilling or canceling legitimate purchases).

Your a collector who decided within minutes of a movie announcement that this comic was glaringly absent from your collection, and that someone owed it to you to sell it to you at pre-announcement prices.  

I would be questioning my thinking if I waited till this book, (you know, the one that's not rare at all and could be had at any time in the last 40 years)  took off before buying a couple of copies.  And then complaining about seller greed.

"I'm a collector!"  :cry:

1 hour ago, 360racer said:

I asked myself a bigger question, “who the F are the Eternals”. Years of purchasing books, I’ve neber once thought of buying the Eternals, nor will I be now. My two cents.

Same here, I guess we can think for ourselves.  :banana: