• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ETERNALS #1? Buy or sell? Will it last?
1 1

109 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Ahhh gotcha I knew I mustve missed the point lol

further more, and this is an honest question, I have no idea: Could she take that comic to the LCS and get $200.00 for it? I doubt it. She would get mad at the offer of $75.00 - $100.00 and say, My phone says it's worth $200.00!

2 minutes ago, NoMan said:

further more, and this is an honest question, I have no idea: Could she take that comic to the LCS and get $200.00 for it? I doubt it. She would get mad at the offer of $75.00 - $100.00 and say, My phone says it's worth $200.00!

Well again, NM87 is a hot book.. there's a difference between a person who doesn't know anything about books values and quoting you a price for a worthless book as 200$ (I saw captain carrot 1 listed on eBay for 200), and a person who wants to sell you a long box of drek with NM87 as the carrot on the stick. I see plenty of the latter time and time on fb and cl. I always tell them what they already know (playing along as if I don't know their tricks) "honestly sir/ma'am, your best bet is to list that one book on eBay and get 200$ for it, then donate the rest cause no one will ever bother with them"

On 4/30/2018 at 7:14 AM, NoMan said:

I'd tell her, "My wallet says $10.00."

Honestly, I don't really think it's worth as much as what it's going for. Luckily I have a few. Maybe I've been collecting for a long time and have become jaded. I just have images in my mind of those countless copies languishing in the bargain boxes all those years. 

On 4/29/2018 at 11:01 AM, lou_fine said:

You mean there's a chance that I can finally recoup my original purchase cost after holding onto this dead weight for well over 4 decades?  :facepalm:   :wishluck:

On 4/29/2018 at 11:26 AM, NoMan said:
On 4/29/2018 at 11:10 AM, lou_fine said:

Exactly what I mean..........worthless dead weight from a monetary point of view for 40+ years, but still a wonderful series to have and read nonetheless.  (thumbsu 

it's an interesting perspective you have on the cost of carrying around a book for 40 + years until it's worth something. Not many people think about that.

I guess the perspective I have on it is more from a collector's point of view.

Being a long-term collector who has had the book for over four decades, I am certainly happy to finally see some value being attached to it.  Being the collector at heart though, I somehow get the feeling that I will still have these books in my collection 20+ years later after it has gone full cycle from being worthless drek to hot book and then finally back to the same worthless drek it was a few months ago. doh!

Especially in the case of books like these which really don't tend to have much value in anything below the uber high grades.  I just find it hard to convince myself to spend triple digit multiples of the 25 cents I had paid for the book just to hopefully find CGC on a good day so that they can squeeze out an uber HG label for me.  Now, if you are talking about an Action 13, Cap 3, Archie 50, or even a Hulk 181 (given today's hyped marketplace), that's a completely different story as you are buying or selling a book that has true value across all condition grades as evident by the fact that they can go for multiples to guide even in low grade or sometimes at a premium to guide even when restored.  hm

But to each their own, and I definitely don't mind when these common books like Eternals 1 goes up in value because that always leaves me with a good exit option if I do ever decide to take advantage of it.  (thumbsu  :whee:

59 minutes ago, Jerkfro said:

Although, I already had a few copies, I grabbed the whole series (to read because I'd never read the whole thing before) for a buck a piece at a VCC a couple years ago. 

Was it good?

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:
1 hour ago, Jerkfro said:

Although, I already had a few copies, I grabbed the whole series (to read because I'd never read the whole thing before) for a buck a piece at a VCC a couple years ago. 

Was it good?

Not bad. Kirby is usually a fun read. 

2 minutes ago, Jerkfro said:
5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
1 hour ago, Jerkfro said:

Was it good?

(thumbsu Kirby is the man. I have #3, if I can find a few more in the $1 bins then I'll reread them all in one sitting, get the full Kirby affect.

8 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
8 hours ago, Jerkfro said:
8 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
9 hours ago, Jerkfro said:

Was it good?

(thumbsu Kirby is the man. I have #3, if I can find a few more in the $1 bins then I'll reread them all in one sitting, get the full Kirby affect.

Kirby is the man. I loved his energy and creativity. His ideas could be hit and miss but they were never boring

Edited by Jerkfro