• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FF #68 Anyone want to test there skills

41 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

I'm game. You laughed at my FF #48 responses so I'm already dying to know what those are....

This book looks sweet with nothing that stands out except that crease. 8.5!

lol I was just messing with you . I think it was a touch harsh by about .5, but it's like everyone else just a opinion. ;)

Got some people posting, pretty dead in this area as of late.

52 minutes ago, Finhead said:

lol I was just messing with you . I think it was a touch harsh by about .5, but it's like everyone else just a opinion. ;)

Got some people posting, pretty dead in this area as of late.

It's possible. I think I can be a little harsh where substances, stains and rust are concerned. Anytime that an outside influence comes into contact with a book and inflicts damage if that makes any sense. A crease seems almost natural and expected whereas drool, water or coke is not.

3 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

It's possible. I think I can be a little harsh where substances, stains and rust are concerned. Anytime that an outside influence comes into contact with a book and inflicts damage if that makes any sense. A crease seems almost natural and expected whereas drool, water or coke is not.

I get that for sure, hate rust for sure. Stains if on the back don't bother me that much, but I know CGC doesn't like em. I can grade pretty hard as well, I don't normally buy a book with a sub crease but I wanted to have a second copy before that book gets totally out of control.

I'm going with 8.0 as well.  If the edge tanning visible on the back cover is real, and not a scanner artifact, and also reflects some edge yellowing to the interior covers, I'd be inclined to grade down to 7.5.

4 hours ago, namisgr said:

I'm going with 8.0 as well.  If the edge tanning visible on the back cover is real, and not a scanner artifact, and also reflects some edge yellowing to the interior covers, I'd be inclined to grade down to 7.5.

It's real, actually ever so slightly darker on the book in person.

I'm in the 8.0 camp and I'll venture a guess of OW/W or W pages based on what I can see.  No real discernible flaws beyond the crease and corner wear/rubbing near the spine at the bottom and top.

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I'm going to go mad.

9.0 :headbang:

That bottom right corner crease precludes it from 9.0 . It all depends on when the book was graded so I'm going 8.5, with an 8.0 during a tight period. If it was graded in 2011 it's probably a 9.6 !!! LOL.

6 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

That bottom right corner crease precludes it from 9.0 . It all depends on when the book was graded so I'm going 8.5, with an 8.0 during a tight period. If it was graded in 2011 it's probably a 9.6 !!! LOL.

If it's a 9.0 I'm never going to let you forget it Bob :grin:

1 minute ago, Mercury Man said:

7.125 1/2

In a few years time that will probably be a real grade. Trump Simpsons appearance all over again :grin: