• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Multiple covers
1 1

60 posts in this topic

On 7/27/2018 at 7:55 PM, Rayhock said:

Just to update everyone. I just had it graded. 1st cover 8.5, 2nd cover 9.2 3rd cover 9.4 4th cover 9.4 interior cover 9.4. Was hoping for higher, but good enough. I plan on putting it on Ebay soon. Have not received it yet. Should get it soon.  Any suggestions on how much I should start the bids at?

I put up my CGC 9.4 double cover of Avengers 294 at $100 and it hasn't sold yet. Had I believe an offer of 50 and 70 or 80? Maybe more covers makes it more desirable and therefore worth more? I guess the question is, how badly do you need the money? If you don't need to sell it soon, then start it off at a high minimum bid. It may not sell for the first few auctions, but I imagine that eventually you'll attract some watchers. If that happens, maybe lower the minimum and you'll get some action? Or change it to a BIN and allow offers? With something like this that has a niche collecting pool, I wouldn't start it at $.99, because if enough multi-cover collectors don't see it, it may go really cheap.

On 8/6/2018 at 6:56 PM, Rayhock said:

I have it listed for 99.99. just received an offer for 75. Still a week left so not sure if I want to take it or if I want to sell for that low. https://outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed.ebay.com/outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F253795599925

Take the $75 + shipping if you want to cash out. I would let it run though, and re-list it at a higher price. There are just not many books like this - most BA/CA multis seem to max out at triple covers. Personally I would have sacrificed one more cover before having it graded. Oh, and btw get rid of the stock photo by unchecking the auto-info that eBay provides.

cheers,

D

Edited by divad

On 4/20/2018 at 7:09 PM, Rayhock said:

Here are a few quick pics I just took.

20180420_190537.jpg

20180420_190319.jpg

Thank you for pictures. The book has five covers from the bin that is extremely rare to be found.  Are you going to send it to CGC?  We'd love to see the result.  Hopefully it will be 9.8 or 9.9 on the fifth cover.

1 hour ago, JollyComics said:

Thank you for pictures. The book has five covers from the bin that is extremely rare to be found.  Are you going to send it to CGC?  We'd love to see the result.  Hopefully it will be 9.8 or 9.9 on the fifth cover.

Jolly, look up a few posts, it is graded,  9.4 .

2 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Darn!  I missed it.  Too many pictures but I missed that one. Thanks Bob.

Not bad for 9.4 for BIN find.

Yes, it looks like it finally sold for 125.00, too low IMO. I think the first cover eye appeal held this down. 

Just now, JollyComics said:

No fudging way!  Not many people are paying attention to late Cooper Age Avengers.  The book with five covers is unique.

tommycooper_2883308b.jpg

On 9/8/2018 at 2:18 PM, Bomber-Bob said:
On 9/8/2018 at 2:16 PM, JollyComics said:

Yes, it looks like it finally sold for 125.00, too low IMO. I think the first cover eye appeal held this down. 

I didn't see it.  i would have paid more. 

4 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
On 9/8/2018 at 2:18 PM, Bomber-Bob said:
On 9/8/2018 at 2:16 PM, JollyComics said:

I didn't see it.  i would have paid more. 

I take that back.  I was the under bidder at 

$121.55 12 Aug 2018 at 10:14:00AM PDT

19 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

While looking up some comics on eBay, I noticed this auction. I've never seen a double cover like this before. Anyone else?

I have an Uncanny X-Men #148 with a cover that is inside out and upside down, but it’s a single cover.

Edited by Brock

On 12/1/2018 at 2:13 AM, OtherEric said:

Here’s an oddity I’ve had for a long time, never sure what to do with it.  Only a double cover, but the outside is newsstand and the inside is direct:

6155676F-36B4-47D1-89E9-67F1814D43C1.jpeg

D5DAC214-6F58-4D6A-8764-6245E42DA69C.jpeg

@BlowUpTheMoon likes double covers I believe Other Eric. I've never seen one with a newsstand / direct combination before, which seems illogical, but then again I'd never seen a Canadian MJI until the other day.