• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HAPPY 4:20... REEFER MADNESS COMICS!

31 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, 40YrsCollctngCmcs said:

They gave these to us in school in the early seventies! I still remember those images and wondering who would inject themselves for fun!

Around this same time a local police officer came to school with “grass.” I think he had reefers pipes and bongs to show us. If the kids didnt know what to look for they sure did now!

They didn't even bother in my school. We were a lost cause...:tonofbricks:

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

They didn't even bother in my school. We were a lost cause...:tonofbricks:

I grew up in a small town back east on the Jersey Shore. This stuff was around but my friends and I were pretty naive. I can still remember getting on the school bus freshman year in high school and wondering why the guy in the denim jacket in front of me spelled like hay every morning!! It wasn't until years later that I would think back and go, "DOH! Homer!" Of course I was one of the geeky kids reading Lovecraft and Tolkien on the bus; who needed that other stuff!

36 minutes ago, 40YrsCollctngCmcs said:

I grew up in a small town back east on the Jersey Shore. This stuff was around but my friends and I were pretty naive. I can still remember getting on the school bus freshman year in high school and wondering why the guy in the denim jacket in front of me spelled like hay every morning!! It wasn't until years later that I would think back and go, "DOH! Homer!" Of course I was one of the geeky kids reading Lovecraft and Tolkien on the bus; who needed that other stuff!

You were Tolkien while he was tokin'...

Edited by pemart1966

6 hours ago, 40YrsCollctngCmcs said:

I had always heard that the 60’s and 70’s readers of Tolkien were pot smoking Zeppelin listening fans...

Edited by N e r V

9 hours ago, N e r V said:

I had always heard that the 60’s and 70’s readers of Tolkien were pot smoking Zeppelin listening fans...

Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad! Different times back then but like everything the stereotypes are just that and there was as much variety in people then as now.