• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does redeeming digital comic affect grade?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

On 4/20/2018 at 9:56 PM, JP_rez said:

Gonna try out submitting some comics my self and was wondering if redeeming digital copy of the issue would be a factor on grade, even if comic is cgc worthy.

I don't think it factors in the grade, but it will be noted on the label as such. There are also those copies where Marvel forgot to put the code in the book altogether, which also would be noted on label.

11 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

I've sent in 3 books that were missing the peeled sticker to the digital code and they all received 9.8 without any notation on the label.

Then it was missed by the graders. A book's grade will not be affected by the peeling of the cover of the code. It should be noted on the label as such though along with if the comic was manufactured without the code altogether.

On 5/1/2018 at 11:04 PM, Philflound said:

Then it was missed by the graders. A book's grade will not be affected by the peeling of the cover of the code. It should be noted on the label as such though along with if the comic was manufactured without the code altogether.

I’m really surprised by this because i just assumed they would lower the grade because essentially having opened the comic or read it is what is being discouraged by this whole process and I’m not against it at all I was actually thinking digital copies were the way to go but I have a ton of them and I never removed one for fear it would lower the grade so I can start redeeming these I guess??