• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK PANTHER 2 directed by Ryan Coogler (TBD)
8 8

829 posts in this topic

It's been some time since Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige confirmed that a Black Panther sequel was green lit. Now, thanks to a potential Freudian slip by Avengers: Infinity War director Joe Russo, it appears that Ryan Coogler will be returning to Wakanda once again.

On a press tour to promote Infinity War, the Russo brothers admitted they've let three filmmakers watch the full cut of their upcoming movie. The one caveat? Each of the filmmakers had to have a property Infinity War would affect as the Marvel Cinematic Universe progresses into Phase 4.

"We allowed James [Gunn], Jon Watts, and Ryan Coogler to see it [Avengers: Infinity War] up to this point," Joe Russo said. "You have to be working on a film that this movie will affect your storytelling going forward."

His brother — Anthony — then added that the brothers had been in contact with Ant-man and the Wasp director Peyton Reed as well.

James Gunn had previously confirmed he would be coming back to wrap up the first Guardians of the Galaxy trilogy while Jon Watts was announced for the untitled Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel coming out next year.

That leaves Coogler, who had yet to be confirmed to return until now. This isn't saying Coogler's job was at risk by any means. In fact, after Black Panther's monstrous run at the box office, Coogler probably had the best job security at Marvel Studios outside of Feige himself.

14 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

This is an official marvel released image? Trident, two kings, AND the reflection in water. :ohnoez:

I wish.

It is from Boss Logic. He has done a number of posters and media image for Marvel. He created this to strongly encourage a story.

I hate to say it because it’s becoming a main stream concept, but Keanu is the chit and I would love for him to be namor. But y’all are right, he’s too old and not capable (imo) of being in good enough shape to pull that role off. I also think marvel will feel compelled to cast him as Asian, which would be a nice nod to that demographic, and good for the box office too.

5 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I hate to say it because it’s becoming a main stream concept, but Keanu is the chit and I would love for him to be namor. But y’all are right, he’s too old and not capable (imo) of being in good enough shape to pull that role off. I also think marvel will feel compelled to cast him as Asian, which would be a nice nod to that demographic, and good for the box office too.

I would be fine with him playing an older leaner Namor (like Nereus in Aquaman), but not the hero in his prime who will be around for 10 years of movie appearances.

Keanu is part Asian BTW. I think a multiracial actor would be perfect.

Edited by Heronext

2 minutes ago, Heronext said:

I would be fine with him playing an older leaner Namor (like Nereus in Aquaman), but not the hero in his prime who will be around for 10 years of movie appearances.

Keanu is part Asian BTW. I think a multiracial actor would be perfect.

Forgot about him being part Asian actually! His good vibes are undeniable...

4 minutes ago, Heronext said:

Keanu is part Asian BTW

I wouldn't be against Keanu just assumed he was too old.  They could make it work. Plus the older nerd demographic is not represented in the MCU :roflmao:.

Edited by Xenosmilus

Anyone know off the top of their heads the origin of the Namor/Panther feud (from the comics)?  It’s a storyline from the last few years if I’m not mistaken but I forget the details.

Edited by Heronext