• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man #361's (14 copies)

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have 14 copies of Amazing Spider-Man #361. They all look fantastic to me and very high grade except for the same "manufacturing defect" which appears at the bottom of all issues I have. I think it must be a manufacturing defect and not related to the storage as the only affected comics are these. The comics that are in the same box before and after (ie #360 and before and #362 and after) do not show this defect.

I have attached a sample of one front cover (copy F), one back cover (copy G), and an inner page.

Here is a link to imgur page which shows more pics that are higher resolution of a couple of front covers, a back cover, and more closeups of the "defect". But, the pics shown here are representative.

What would the condition be? Since I have so many copies, this will make a difference in the overall value. Thanks so much!

Amazing Spider-Man #361 Copy F Front for CGC Forum.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #361 Copy G Back for CGC Forum.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #361 Interior Bottom 2 for CGC Forum.jpg

You are not alone in this, my friend.  I too own an Amazing Spider-Man 361 first edition, and it has precisely the same manufacturing defects as yours (see my pics below).  I con confidently point the finger at the printers because of the exact uniformity in all details of the defects - tiny "tears" in the bottom of the paper, all of which are exactly the same size in height and depth in its crease/tear. Also those short tears in the paper are found across the whole page, and all are equidistant.  This sort of damage is practically impossible to happen due to mistreatment or improper storage and climate fluctuations. 

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

Edited by CleverParasite