• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can someone clarify this PayPal situation
1 1

25 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, shadroch said:

It actually says Pay after Delivery, and the money is still in the account linked to the debit card. It's scheduled to come out April 25th. 

I'm going to have a little chat with the seller. I thought I had found a solid guy.

Guy doesnt have any money in the account, and paypal hasnt sent him a confirmation email that its time to ship...how the hell does he know he’s not being a “solid guy”?

I paid for this using paypal on 4-2.  It turns out that the feature I used was to pay after delivery. I have paypal confirmation for the transaction.  For him to claim that he waited until 4-13 for the money to clear before sending it is nonsense. Paypal paid him the same way paypal pays everyone. Near instantly.  I now have the book. Paypal has not taken out the money yet, so his whole reason for the delay in shipping seems like nonsense. The money didn't clear on 4-13 from my bank. It hasn't even been withdrawn.  The smaller transaction shipped a day after I paid it using the exact same method. Is there some new feature on Paypal that slows down large transactions?  I know they are getting rid of the Pay after delivery option, which is a shame.  

Is the seller even aware that the buyer used the pay after delivery option?

The seller should have been paid like normal. From everything I've read, Pay After Delivery has everything to do with the buyer and nothing to do with the seller.
I've had a lot of transactions and never once had a message or any notification saying the buyer used Pay After Shipping.

Maybe there was an actual reason for PayPal to hold up the money on the seller's end that you are not privy to. Perhaps contacting PP yourself and asking if the money was held up would alleviate your fears from purchasing with this seller again.