• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wait, that's pronounced how?
1 1

106 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Surprised anyone who grew up a Beatles fan didn't know it was mag neat o.

Yup. I first learned how to pronounce Magneto while watching that Wings concert on BBC TV in the mid-70s.

Not a terribly good song, though.

I always pronounced T'Challa in a different way to that used in the Black Panther movie.

Ch sound as in, for example, chord, rather than Ch as in chat.

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 hour ago, seanfingh said:
1 hour ago, Park said:

When you were little.... lol

SABOD, crotchstain.  And your little laughing buddy, too.

You're an angry elf.

33 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

One very similar to this.

I always thought Magneto's alter ego, Erik Lehnsherr, was pronounced Germanically as 'lanes-her', whereas in the X-Men films it's more like 'len-share'.

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

Yup. I first learned how to pronounce Magneto while watching that Wings concert on BBC TV in the mid-70s.

Not a terribly good song, though.

I recalled it as more of a rocker myself. Hadn't heard it in many years. I was still thinking Paul was dead when this stuff came out. 

I'm afraid to listen to "Give Ireland back to the Irish". I really enjoyed that in the day. 

Slán abhaile

Edited by shadroch

7 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

Darkseid - wait, that's not Dark-seed?? all this time...

Just like in 'Dark Side of the Force'. Coincidentally. 

Edited by Ken Aldred

2 hours ago, tv horror said:

Mixy-picky-likes or something like that how do you say it mxyzptlk? :smile:

I fondly remember a story in which Bizarro Superman kept calling him Greg. Don't blame him.

DeStefano,%20Stephen-Bizarro%20Comics%20

Edited by Ken Aldred

Better question is why the Fantastic Four arent just called the Four?  No one says hey look its the incredible hulk hey look its the amazing spiderman hey look its the mighty thor so wtf do they say hey look its the fantastic four?????

35 minutes ago, kav said:

Better question is why the Fantastic Four arent just called the Four?  No one says hey look its the incredible hulk hey look its the amazing spiderman hey look its the mighty thor so wtf do they say hey look its the fantastic four?????

In the Netflix series Danny Rand referred to himself as the "Immortal" Iron Fist a lot... A LOT!

1 minute ago, DeadOne said:

In the Netflix series Danny Rand referred to himself as the "Immortal" Iron Fist a lot... A LOT!

Jesus Christ

As a kid, reading my first Incredible Hulk comics. Then running around the house yelling my interpretation of

"Puny humans"  pronounced punny, like funny.  My older siblings deciphered the  bizarre chant, and after correcting me ,began

a, relentless campaign of teasing that continues to this day.

Children can be cruel

1 hour ago, kav said:

Same reason the JLA isn't called America?