• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wait, that's pronounced how?
1 1

106 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Same reason the JLA isn't called America?

but wait dont you see my point?  every marvel comic has a adjective like amazing spiderman but no one calls him that.  

Like the cops might say WE NEED THE FANTASTIC FOUR but they wont say we need the amazing spiderman they'll just say we need spiderman.

Edited by kav

33 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

In the Netflix series Danny Rand referred to himself as the "Immortal" Iron Fist a lot... A LOT!

32 minutes ago, kav said:

Jesus Christ

In a sense, you’re not wrong, as it does sound like god complex and needing a session with a psychiatrist.

Just now, Ken Aldred said:

In a sense, you’re not wrong, as it does sound like god complex and needing a session with a psychiatrist.

Anyone that shoves their name into some important title needs attention bad.

32 minutes ago, kav said:

but wait dont you see my point?  every marvel comic has a adjective like amazing spiderman but no one calls him that.  

Like the cops might say WE NEED THE FANTASTIC FOUR but they wont say we need the amazing spiderman they'll just say we need spiderman.

Or the title just needed another adjective, like The Wonderful Fantasic Four.

34 minutes ago, HarrisonJohn said:

Or the title just needed another adjective, like The Wonderful Fantasic Four.

BINGO

Cirin. Suentus Po.

Dave Sim wouldn't tell me. I asked him indirectly, "can you please pronounce the names of the 3 aardvarks?" but he was having none of that..."how do you say them?" was all I could get from him.

1 hour ago, kav said:

Maybe because there are 4? And Spiderman is 1 person, along with Thor, hulk, etc

We need "the" fantastic four, as oppose to the knock offs running around. 

3 hours ago, ExNihilo said:
6 hours ago, Ryan. said:

:o

How do I pronounce the dot?  Is it like a click?  Do I add emphasis to denote that I'm finishing a sentence?

My name is to be whispered in hushed tones. To be immediately followed by a fart sound.

55 minutes ago, tv horror said:

giphy-facebook_s.jpg.6cb819ed515a33ae3f31fd401ff0f62d.jpg

lol wow coincidence-my now ex friend who was attaching his name to a pompous title I was like wtf he did that thank you very much thing to me!!!  

it might be because Mr. Fantastic was the leader and his group (just like any sort of band) was known as the Fantastic Four. Think of them as you would The Dave Clark Five.  It is a reach but not terrible. Any other way to describe them would be more complicated. If you called just for "The Four" you might end up with the Frightful Four or even the Fab Four. maybe

Edited by 01TheDude

1 minute ago, 01TheDude said:

X friend? Does the mutant have any powers?

He has the power to think he's more important than everyone else....

Lesson for everyone else from this ex friend is if everyone starts telling you how great you are all the time, you become an A hole.

The thing with ego man is he gets to tease you but if you tease him HE BLOWS HIS TOP.  

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

"The Four"

I think they were called that in the 90's cartoon lyrics.

FANTASTIC FOUR LYRICS

On an outer space adventure,
They got hit by cosmic rays.
And the four were changed forever,
In some most fantastic ways.

No need to fear, they're here,
Just call the four! Fantastic Four!

Johnny: Don't need no more!
Reed: It's ungrammatical!

Reed Richards is elastic,
Sue can fad from site.
Johnny is the Human Torch,
The Thing just loves to fight.
Call the four! Fantastic Four! Fantastic Four

Edited by tv horror

Atillan, which might not even be spelled correctly. I don't much care for the Inhumans. Anyway, I pronounced it A-TILL-an. Wasn't until the trailer for the show I learned it was actually supposed to be AT-ill-ann, oh, and that the show looked terrible. Learnt both at the same time.