• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] HG and pedigreed GA for sale with a few SA books
2 2

19 posts in this topic

I need to raise some funds for a purchase.  I’m not terribly far off, so I’m going to have an unusual type of sale.  Basically once I hit my target I’m going to close the sale and what’s left will go back in the collection.  First “take it” in the thread wins, but I reserve the right to exercise my discretion in matters where PM negotiations are ongoing.  Happy to listen to reasonable offers.  Otherwise standard rules apply.  Full return privileges at your cost on any book for 7 days from receipt.  No probies/HOS.  S&H is $15 USPS priority in the US, I’ll cover insurance.  Elsewhere is at actual cost.

I’ll list everything below and post really bad pics to follow.  I have scans saved of some of these, so if you’d rather see those LMK, but it may take a while to get them.    

Amazing Spider Man 28, CGC 7.0 OW, sharp 7.0 $425

Baffling Mysteries 17, CGC 7.5 OW, very attractive 7.5, $225

Batman 30, CGC 6.5 OW/W, Rockford, looks like a 9.0 or 9.2, has some light bug chews on the back of the spine in 3 spots that keep the grade down.  $750

Big Shot 15, CGC 7.5 OW/W, Larson, Uncommon book, $500

Don Winslow 3, CGC 8.5 OW/W, Rockford – nice WWII cover, killer green fade background, $275 (stupidly cheap)

Green Lama 5, CGC 9.0 Cr/OW, Classic Raboy WWII cover, looks nicer than a 9.0 to me, $650

Gunhawk 18 CGC 9.2 OW/W, pedigree quality copy that came from an OO collection from northern NM.  Pen arrival date on cover.  Atlas westerns are near non-existent in this shape.  $300

Liberty Comics 12 CGC 7.0 OW/W, Structurally high grade, has several tiny dots of what looks like silver paint scattered about the cover that aren’t particularly noticeable.  Great skull/murder cover – a classic according to Overstreet.  Aggressively pricing this one as I think it’s way undervalued.  $850.

Kid Colt Outlaw 100  CGC 6.0 OW/W, if you collect these, you know what this is and how hard it is to find in anything near reasonable shape.  Super clean 6.0, some creasing at the top edge must be what’s keeping the grade down, it looks great for the graded.  $250.    

Picture Stories from World History 2 CGC 9.4 OW/W, Gaines file copy, 5/11 with cert.  Looks brand new.  $350

Speed Comics 6, CGC 7.5 OW/W, San Francisco.  Try to find another copy, then try to find one in grade, then try to find a pedigree.  Unbelievably rare book from a blazing hot title.  Pricing this one aggressively because it’s irreplaceable.  $3500.

Top Notch Comics 6, CGC 9.2 W, Edgar Church/Mile High.  Incredible copy.  The reds are incomparable.  This was formerly in a 9.4 slab and has defects that will press out, so I’m guessing it was not pressed.  There is an ever-so-slight paper pull at the bottom right on the guys cape just above Edd Ashe’s signature.  I really can’t put into words how nice this book is, it has all the qualities you want in a Mile High and the reds just make it radiant.  I’m not keen to sell it, so let’s go stupid at $9000

Western Outlaws and Sherrifs 51, CGC 9.2 OW/W, same OO collection as the Gunhawk 18, date stamp on FC, impossible in this shape, $350.

Wings Comics 21, CGC 8.5 OW/W Brutal WWII cover with a guy’s head being bashed in, I mean look at the image!  $450