• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What art is burned into your brain ?????
2 2

35 posts in this topic

The 4-page sequence of Spidey lifting the machinery in ASM 33, owned by Burkey.  The Thing leaving the FF in FF 41, owned by me. :D
The last page of X-Men 17 (you dare not reveal the incredible ending to any living soul!), and the ending of Journey into Mystery 118 where the Destroyer is about to disintegrate a helpless Thor (oh, to be nine years old again).

asm33p5.thumb.jpg.1d20a5d2310aba9acd0558b782cd4e09.jpgFantastic_Four_41_pg_1med.thumb.jpg.4227e3d5e33d6c8b048e8047df233d2f.jpg 

23 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

this cover is burned into my brain....

Image result for asm 39 comic

I think that might have been the first non Ditko ASM cover?

John Romita made a great opening statement, as to who the new Spider-Man artist was going to be.

Stan Lee seemed to know how to pick winners.

On 4/27/2018 at 12:03 PM, zhamlau said:

This...i dont know why, but this page is the most memorable page for me i think in comics. It was dark and cruel without being cartoonish. I think it was just the idea of finding someone so low they were already trying to kill themselves through drink, and making it your point to try and find a way to hurt them even more. It really stuck with me.

DaredevilV1#249-14.jpg

Haha, i forgot I posted this about 2 months ago. I just realized I had posted a page from Daredevil 249 , a story that always stuck with me from my youth. Then about 10 days ago i came across the cover for it by odd chance and bought it. Talk about serendipity!

DareDevil249Cover.jpg.85d70a1a83ba11f80d9078a6767d9911.jpg

The splash from the first comic that I ever read is burned into my mind. I was 8, my brother 7, when I bought this comic at a HoJo in Brownsville, TX in 1964.

We studied this page intently trying to understand who these people were and what they did. I knew Superman, but, basically, no one else. I found it fascinating.

image.png.a164de5ca1ca736e7ae20aa4a79b9383.png