• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does a Stan Lee Signed book decrease value if he wasn't the author?

3 posts in this topic

If you were to compare a First Appearance of Deadpool same grade, both in CGC but one was signed by Stan Lee and one wasn't, would they be the same value or does having stan lee make it worth more or less?

It would almost certainly increase in value.  But does it increase more than the cost of the sig?  That's a different question.  Grade matters.

But you can also do some research on 'sold' items on ebay to do some comparisons for yourself, there should be plenty of data.  It is a high volume book. good luck.

Edited by revat

I imagine all tat it does is limit your pool of buyers. I wouldn't buy that book signed by Stan because he had nothing to do with it. If I have a sig on a book (not something I typically desire) I at least want it to be relevant to the book itself. That said, some won't care, and maybe they just want that book + Stan's sig, so it's a win-win for them and it doesn't detract from the value (increases it really.) It's just depends on who wants it, but I wouldn't have him sign a NM98.