• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HISTORY OF AMERICAN POPULAR FICTION & COMIC BOOK PRECURSORS

2 posts in this topic

HI ALL

I AM OFFERING two books at 1 Price...these retail at $71 for the two...here for $50 plus $8 shipping in USA.

Mark Seifert has endorsed the Guide Book...in Bleeding Cool article some time ago..as that book was originally issued in 2015...the other in 2015.  Both books are New shape.

There are over 370 pages in all..over 2200 images...most in color!  All 96 of the Frank Reade Jr Weekly along with the B&W issues that were previous to the Color Version. 

There is information on Major publishers including Street & Smith which of course later got into the Comic Book.  
Also history of the Steam Man which later would become Frank Reade Jr Weekly etc...and other such SF characters including Tom Swift in the Series books right up to SF in Newspaper Strips, pulps and comic books and later paperbacks. 

All originated in the Dime Novel - Story Paper era.  You can see below an early Superman...and there was even a Bat-Man of sorts!  The Man in the Black Cloak can be seen...a precursor to The Shadow.....later DC admitted the connection as an early Avenging character to the Bat-Man!  
You will love looking through these books even if you never collect...and you will learn things, as Mark did, that he NEVER knew existed!  
I hope you will consider........All best in collecting....Joe Rainone

BTW you probably know that CGC has graded Dime novels!!!  Get in the ground floor now! ;)  

I will trade quality dime novels for Comic books and for select items, such as the Boys Leader a Frank Tousey publication (see images) I will pay $100 per issue or trade!!!   Boys of New York...I will also trade for....price varies....Other items as well. 
MCMwmA.jpg

9J6rSH.jpg

7V95N1.jpg

PNswQD.jpg

4hLdf5.jpg

Zgziqk.jpg

6tm1tP.jpg

Edited by storypapers