• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask the “Blazing One”???
4 4

259 posts in this topic

Bob, what is the best grading college for me to attend?  And should I consider the strength of their athletics, or just focus on the quality of instruction?

Edited by namisgr

6 hours ago, Guardian Comics said:

Figured Gold has an ask Gator thread, so Silver should have its own thread.

Bob...which type of dance do your prefer?  Ballroom or Tap?

Ballroom dancing would be my choice.

1 hour ago, namisgr said:

Bob, what is the best grading college for me to attend?  And should I consider the strength of their athletics, or just focus on the quality of instruction?

Grading colleges should have strong athletic programs to support the "arts".

7 hours ago, Foley said:

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there, should Marvel chipping be downgraded more?

I expect marvel chipping to be treated/graded the same way a chip/piece off is graded.

If CGC is grading pieces off differently then marvel chipping that would be an issue.  But I don't believe they are.

Which is why not having published grading standards leads to posts like this.

Mannino's in Commack but you have to eat it at the restaurant.  As I get older I find that I delivery pizza results in Steamed pizza which takes away from the crispy crust.  Even ordering,  pickup and taking it home is not the same.

Thin crust is my preference but I will partake in Deep dish Chicago style when I do shows there.  

11 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Mannino's in Commack but you have to eat it at the restaurant.  As I get older I find that I delivery pizza results in Steamed pizza which takes away from the crispy crust.  Even ordering,  pickup and taking it home is not the same.

Thin crust is my preference but I will partake in Deep dish Chicago style when I do shows there.  

Agreed on the crust. I am originally from Chicago, and love deep dish, but it is a completely different animal than thin crust. They're about as far away from each other on the pizza spectrum as you can get, but still both good.

Can you share the story of what led to you almost working at Metro which then led to Vinny working there instead?  And did you ever waver in your decision to decline the opportunity?

Or is this a silly thread where you won't answer such questions?

On 4/26/2018 at 6:05 PM, Guardian Comics said:

Figured Gold has an ask Gator thread, so Silver should have its own thread.

Bob...which type of dance do your prefer?  Ballroom or Tap?

What a great idea for a thread!

Bob -

Will “Rants & Raves” be updated before or after Nelson’s Pedigree Book comes out?  

54 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

What a great idea for a thread!

Bob -

Will “Rants & Raves” be updated before or after Nelson’s Pedigree Book comes out?  

LOL,  my rants and raves pages requires some time and thought.  With the sensitivity of some of the "targeted audience" it doesn't exactly go over well.  Not that I've suffered from writing any one of them.   At least I didn't lay out money for those rants and raves for advertising that has never appeared in print. 

Edited by blazingbob