• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask the “Blazing One”???
4 4

259 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Guardian Comics said:
On 5/10/2018 at 10:02 PM, blazingbob said:

4).  You have never conducted business at my booth though some other Canadian(s) seemed to have forgotten to read the dealer manual on that one.

5).  You have never taken out a couple of rows of my wall books while helping me at a show like Jim has.  Still love him but letting him take down books has been deleted from his job resume.

OMG...these just made my day!!!

Jim

It's too bad you didn't use your super runner speed to catch all the books before they fell.

:D

36 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

It's too bad you didn't use your super runner speed to catch all the books before they fell.

:D

Blazingbob's face was one of utter shock as they fell like domino's.  Jim's was as if he got caught in the cookie jar when he was little.

6 hours ago, blazingbob said:

Blazingbob's face was one of utter shock as they fell like domino's.  Jim's was as if he got caught in the cookie jar when he was little.

I was too scared to even look at your face.

Of course it had to be the row of ASM’s.

JoeyPost was the funniest afterwards when he asked to look at a book from the “Fall Collection”, you know the books that fell LMAO.

10 minutes ago, Guardian Comics said:

when he asked to look at a book from the “Fall Collection”, you know the books that fell LMAO.

There's always one of 'em in a crowd.

The guy that has to explain the joke....

On 5/14/2018 at 2:03 PM, blazingbob said:
On 5/14/2018 at 12:09 PM, adamstrange said:

I find that I get nice as I get older.  How do you stay in tune with your inner curmudgeon?

I find that as I get older I have less patience.  I am continued to be surprised by how others expect me to do business but it is not reciprocated.  

While a lot of customers feel that the customer is always right I honestly have a hard time being dictated on how much I should make,  that I don't work as hard to get the books as it does for you the customer to buy them.  

I do not cheat people out of their books,  I expect to be treated fairly.  If you want transparency you sometimes get to hear something you don't like.

I have high expectations and frankly I get disappointed in some people.  

Others do not know that because I have CIDP which is the chronic form of Guillaine Barre syndrome that I am constantly in pain.  It is a disease where I may look ok on the outside but I have nerve damage that frankly hurts and causes fatigue.  When you come by a show and expect me to leap out of the chair or smile all day that isn't happening.  I do not take painkillers,  there are no cures and I live one day at a time.  I don't whine to my friends or my wife.  I work, I work hard and I do the best I can with the hand I've been dealt.  By posting this I am not expecting a "poor bob" or pat on the back.  But sometimes it is very frustrating when people who don't know judge me by what they "SEE".  

I'm a longtime customer and longtime fan.  No disrespect was intended by my inaptly phrased question. :foryou:

1 hour ago, blazingbob said:

Setup was today for Motor City.  Setup was much smoother because I parked outside and wheeled my inventory in.  Got to look at some cool books,  bought some.  It was sunny and 70 in Novi MI.  Dinner at Toasted Oak tonight.  :)

Have a nice dinner with BK.  Are you going with the filet? 

On 5/17/2018 at 6:29 PM, blazingbob said:

Setup was today for Motor City.  Setup was much smoother because I parked outside and wheeled my inventory in.  Got to look at some cool books,  bought some.  It was sunny and 70 in Novi MI.  Dinner at Toasted Oak tonight.  :)

Better weather than the East Coast is having stuck in a rain forest 

Said Hi to Bob at Motor City and he was pleasant.  Care to share what you picked up this weekend while out shopping?

On 5/18/2018 at 9:29 PM, blazingbob said:

Steak Frites which was excellent by the way

Can you suggest the perfect non-alcoholic drink pairing for steak frites?