• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask the “Blazing One”???
4 4

259 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Foolkiller said:

That would be an Iced Tea.  

If I wanted a flip-flop wearer's drink selection, I know where to turn.  Don't you have some job creating companies to take advantage of? :baiting:

On 5/20/2018 at 8:58 AM, 1Cool said:

Said Hi to Bob at Motor City and he was pleasant.  Care to share what you picked up this weekend while out shopping?

AS #24 9.2,  FF #29/FF #30 9.0, Haunt of Fear #16 1950 CGC 9.2,  Showcase #4 in low grade walked up to table,  some misc bronze/copper

I am not a big fan of restored silver age.  There are still plenty of unrestored copies out there.  With Golden age it really depends on the amount of work done and frankly what your budget is.  When a buyer asks me an opinion of a restored book I ask them to put their selling hat on and ask yourself what will the buyer focus on?  The amount of restoration,  what was done,  does the work look real or was too much done?  It takes a lot more "salesman" to sell restored books.

On 5/12/2018 at 5:15 PM, blazingbob said:

I never did business with Jay Maybruck of Sparkle City comics.  I was not collecting during the Sparkle City heyday.  I got back into comics after Joe Vernault split from Jay and started JHV.  For all the years that I've known Joe he doesn't discuss Jay.  Any tidbits I get from him about Jay are nothing exciting to write about.   Vinny did a very long and extensive interview with Jay.  Jay did call me when the "New" Sparkle city hired him.  I told him to never call me again.  

I'm sure there was a lot of powder deals done in the 80's.

?  I think those deals were all over the place back then !

Edited by quicksilver

On 5/21/2018 at 2:29 PM, blazingbob said:

But I did have a iced tea.  Brian is a fine wine drinker.

He's cute, but fine is going a little too far.

Bob,

At what point did you decide to start selling comics (particularly as a full-time business)?

I'm just curious what led you down that road. You have said you much prefer working for yourself (that would be a big check mark in the plus column). But was it observing the market, knowing your own inventory & ability to get books, customer service (thinking - hey - I can do better than so-n-so)?

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, HighVoltage said:

Bob,

At what point did you decide to start selling comics (particularly as a full-time business)?

I'm just curious what led you down that road. You have said you much prefer working for yourself (that would be a big check mark in the plus column). But was it observing the market, knowing your own inventory & ability to get books, customer service (thinking - hey - I can do better than so-n-so)?

Thanks!

The rumor I heard was that he was reading his old FF comics at his desk at Verizon when he was bitten by a radioactive Vincent Zurzolo.

Bob,

Happy New Year!

It's Wintertime! 

Will the Yankees get Machado?

What team will win the Super Bowl?

Will Sleepwalker 1 and Dazzler 1 become megakeys? Are they good investments for collectors entering the market?  Will we see an Atari Force movie sometime in the near future?

Hoping that the Count of Commack shares some of his vast knowledge and wisdom in 2019!!!

john

Edited by bronze johnny