• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask the “Blazing One”???
4 4

259 posts in this topic

Bob -- What is the meaning of life?  

Other questions include, do you think Seeberger is as angry as he appears, or is it all just an act?

Do you sing 'for he's a jolly good fellow' to all your customers?

Is Richard Evans truly as tall as he appears in pictures? 

Do you expect me to kiss the ring next time I see you?  I generally only genuflect right now.  

37 minutes ago, Foolkiller said:

Bob -- What is the meaning of life?  

Other questions include, do you think Seeberger is as angry as he appears, or is it all just an act?

Do you sing 'for he's a jolly good fellow' to all your customers?

Is Richard Evans truly as tall as he appears in pictures? 

Do you expect me to kiss the ring next time I see you?  I generally only genuflect right now.  

Meaning of life - You reap what you sow.  Don't act surprised when you get caught making bad choices

John Seeberger's perception of a customer relationship is a bit different then mine.  

Not sure if all of my customer's would get why I'm singing that song.  I have heard that song done at a few dinners I've attended.

Richard Evans is definitely a tall guy.  Especially dressed in his Houston Astro gear.  

I never expect the ring to be kissed.  A friend should always underestimate your virtues and an enemy overestimate your faults.

Edited by blazingbob

8 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Meaning of life - You reap what you sow.  Don't act surprised when you get caught making bad choices

John Seeberger's perception of a customer relationship is a bit different then mine.  

Not sure if all of my customer's would get why I'm singing that song.  I have heard that song done at a few dinners I've attended.

Richard Evans is definitely a tall guy.  Especially dressed in his Houston Astro gear.  

I never expect the ring to be kissed.  A friend should always underestimate your virtues and an enemy overestimate your faults.

Is the next rant and rave going to be chicken soup for the comic soul?

2 minutes ago, dem1138 said:

As a sole proprietorship, how do you keep up with this market while still running your business of acquiring, posting, and selling books and doing shows year round?

I don't know too many successful businessmen that work 40 hour work weeks.

Can you take us through a typical day?  What are the first few things you do to start your day and do you wait until breaks in the day present themselves or do you carve out specific time during the day to take care of personal matters?

When someone walks up to you at a con with a box of books to sell can you figure out what books are In the box based on what seller looks like? 

Also, what are some of the things buyers do at cons that you hate?

As a successful comic book dealer and assuming the market continues to thrive, do you have an end game?  Unlike at Verizon, as a comic book dealer, you can determine when you're ready to retire.  Is there a dollar amount that is your goal for you to retire or an age or do you think you'll be a comic book dealer until you're simply physically and mentally unable to do it any longer?

5 hours ago, dem1138 said:

As a successful comic book dealer and assuming the market continues to thrive, do you have an end game?  Unlike at Verizon, as a comic book dealer, you can determine when you're ready to retire.  Is there a dollar amount that is your goal for you to retire or an age or do you think you'll be a comic book dealer until you're simply physically and mentally unable to do it any longer?

You've violating the 'one question per 24 hours' rule, Dave.  Sensei's time is limited.  :baiting:

Edited by namisgr

Hey Bob, yours is a one of very few places I enjoy browsing and buying from.  From browsing your inventory it becomes apparent which 

books are your inventory ( priced within fair market value ) and what is usually consigned or uploaded by a third party trying to sell ( usually way overpriced )

My question, do you try to encourage people to price at FMV so not to undermine integrity?

For example, someone listing an Eternals #1 30¢ Price Variant for $6,000.

47 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

Hey Bob, yours is a one of very few places I enjoy browsing and buying from.  From browsing your inventory it becomes apparent which 

books are your inventory ( priced within fair market value ) and what is usually consigned or uploaded by a third party trying to sell ( usually way overpriced )

My question, do you try to encourage people to price at FMV so not to undermine integrity?

For example, someone listing an Eternals #1 30¢ Price Variant for $6,000.

I would like to '+1' this comment about overzealous consignments. It would seem that the effort and work involved on your part is not worth it. Naturally, you want the books to sell and you want a happy customer base. It would seem that listing these kind of consignments is not worth the effort. If the consignor is scared to leave any money on the table he should list them in auction.  

BTW, I think this thread can add a lot of value to the Boards. I can think of no other Board member that is more knowledgeable and experienced than you. I just hope we can keep this thread somewhat serious and it doesn't turn into an Ask Greggy type of thread. Feel free to Rant and Rave here anytime, always love it !