• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask the “Blazing One”???
4 4

259 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Bomber-Bob...perhaps it's time for you to upgrade from Windows 95 ? :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

HaHA but really, I am quite up to date. I even have the Xfinity Blast Speed for uploads and downloads. I do get an instantaneous response for the 1st page but I cannot scroll. It's 'stuck' there clocking for a while. Don't know what the problem is but I will abide by the request to not discuss here.

Feel free to PM me on this but what browser are you using?

I can assure Users that when we are "testing" we are looking at the website across multiple browsers,  Chrome,  IE,  Safari etc.  Each has its own little differences in display and loads.  

1 hour ago, blazingbob said:

Feel free to PM me on this but what browser are you using?

I can assure Users that when we are "testing" we are looking at the website across multiple browsers,  Chrome,  IE,  Safari etc.  Each has its own little differences in display and loads.  

I think you are correct. I usually use IE but I just tried it on Chrome and it was instantaneous ! I also, cleaned the cache, cookies, etc on both browsers and rebooted. Seems better on both but definitely Chrome is best ! Thanks. 

2 hours ago, paul747 said:

Bob,

Have international sales picked up? Do you see a wider customer base than in previous years?  Are there any silver age books that you feel are undervalued? I like this thread !

International sales have been growing over the years.  Yes I definitely see a much wider international base.  As with any business you have to deal globally versus tunnel vision  "US Only".  Yes there are risks but there are also rewards.  

Not exactly sure why I would give away what is undervalued.  I'm already in a very competitive business environment.  Do I need to add more? 

Bob - I need your help . . for a friend.  How do you let down a person who is obviously falling in love with you but you are not interested.  For discussion sake lets just say it's a Canadian Tax Agent you have to let down gently.

Edited by 1Cool

1 minute ago, 1Cool said:

Bob - I need your help . . for a friend.  How do you let down a person who is obviously falling in love with you but you are not interested.  For discussion sake lets just say it's a Canadian Tax Agent you have to let down gently.

I thought there was a entire romance genre that covered this type of thing.  Be honest and direct.  I'm not sure there is a gentle way for rejection.  

But seriously - any regrets in terms of the comic book business?  Was the web site harder then you thought?  Wish you would have gone a different direction with a certain aspect of the industry?  I've spoken to several LCS shop owners kind of regret opening the doors but from a dealer stand point do you have any regrets?