• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four 5
2 2

37 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, marmat said:

Is it safe to say FF 5 is a top ten Marvel key? 

Top 10 in demand, or top 10 value?  

AF15

Hulk01

ASM01

FF01

X-men01

TOS39

JIM83

FF05

ST110

Avengers01

DD01

FF52

FF48

Avengers04

FF04

maybe I’m forgetting some other high value/demand Marvel SAkeys.

On 4/27/2018 at 9:22 PM, chrisco37 said:

Wow!  It’s a cornerstone book in the MU and all, but that is a bit nuts.  

Is nice to see it getting appreciation.  Doom is the “Joker” of Marvel.  The most important Marvel baddie.

You have to figure top three marvel villains are some combo of:

Dr. Doom

Magneto

Thanos

probably in that order - although for me Doom and Magneto are real close  

It is an awesome book that WAS on my list - but not at current prices. 

4 minutes ago, Chillax23 said:

Dr. Doom

Magneto

Thanos

Maybe this is dated thinking, but the "Big 3" Marvel villains, to me, have always and continue to be Dr. Doom, Green Goblin, Galactus.  These are the villains that when you'd get next month's issue and you see any of those 3 in a new story arc, you think, "oh sh#%."

54 minutes ago, zosocane said:

Maybe this is dated thinking, but the "Big 3" Marvel villains, to me, have always and continue to be Dr. Doom, Green Goblin, Galactus.  These are the villains that when you'd get next month's issue and you see any of those 3 in a new story arc, you think, "oh sh#%."

I can maybe see Galactus - but Green Goblin is only really a Spider-Man villain and has no real impact on the marvel universe. Plus not even sure if the Goblin is a bigger spider Villain than Doc Ock (he probably is but I prefer the good doctor). 

5 hours ago, Chillax23 said:

Dr. Doom

Magneto

Thanos

I would include the Kingpin in that list as well.  

3 minutes ago, Aman619 said:

Anybody worried about the Disney Fox deal failing due a competing bid by Comcast? Does FF go back in the dust bin if that happens?

The Disney fox deal will close. 

12 hours ago, Knightsofold said:

Top 10 in demand, or top 10 value?  

AF15

Hulk01

ASM01

FF01

X-men01

TOS39

JIM83

FF05

ST110

Avengers01

DD01

FF52

FF48

Avengers04

FF04

maybe I’m forgetting some other high value/demand Marvel SAkeys.

Excellent Silver Age Hierarchy poll conducted by 1koko +/-2 years ago of the "Premiere Silver Age Keys".   I think he does this poll once every (5) years. 

Remember, this poll was taken in mid-2016 when all of the Fantastic Four books were pretty much dead. 

Yet, even in 2016 when no one was interested in the Fantastic Four books, FF #1 was still able to place in the #2 spot (just behind Amazing Fantasy #15). 

Just thought I'd bring this list to your attention.

Zosocane, when you say the Fox deal will close, have you actually looked at the antitrust issues, or are you assuming it will close based on strategic logic?  FYI, Comcast just announced their intention to make a higher bid for Fox.

Edited by inovrmihd

On 5/22/2018 at 6:54 PM, Chillax23 said:

I can maybe see Galactus - but Green Goblin is only really a Spider-Man villain and has no real impact on the marvel universe. Plus not even sure if the Goblin is a bigger spider Villain than Doc Ock (he probably is but I prefer the good doctor). 

Depends what you mean by the Marvel universe. If you're just going by the SA and BA you'd be correct, although I think the personal clash between GG and Spidey is just as interesting as the more cosmic stories. If later books after Norman's "resurrection" are taken into account, he became one of the most Machiavellian villains in Marvels history, manipulating and interacting with every major Marvel character.

On 5/23/2018 at 7:44 AM, inovrmihd said:

Zosocane, when you say the Fox deal will close, have you actually looked at the antitrust issues, or are you assuming it will close based on strategic logic?  FYI, Comcast just announced their intention to make a higher bid for Fox.

Just my instincts.

6 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

Depends what you mean by the Marvel universe. If you're just going by the SA and BA you'd be correct, although I think the personal clash between GG and Spidey is just as interesting as the more cosmic stories. If later books after Norman's "resurrection" are taken into account, he became one of the most Machiavellian villains in Marvels history, manipulating and interacting with every major Marvel character.

When I said Doom was “Marvel’s Joker”, I meant he was the most important villain; the “Top Dog”.  

Personality wise, Joker is closer to GG. No doubt about it.  And GG is, undeniably the ultimate Spidey villain.  

But, across Marvel, Doom is #1.  He’s the greatest villain.  Always has been, always will be.  Heck, he was the inspiration for Vader (according to Lucas).  Can’t get a better endorsement than that.

Always thought FF5 was the most recession proof villain key for Marvel...if I was gifted a silver age key that I had to keep it would be my second choice behind AF15...love that comic and never pulled the trigger on it unfortunately...