• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (SPOILERS)
5 5

365 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Yes

2 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Yes

cons

dr strange could have used the time gem to stop everything

thor didnt use his lightning from ragnarok

thanos wasnt in love with death

fury could have called capt marvel sooner 

hulk as a coward

Pros

thanos vs hulk fist fight 

the classic marvel fight each other than team up

all the fights!!!

thanos/gamora

It was incredible! have to see it again!

5 minutes ago, tdotcbc84 said:

I thought about the whole "Dr Strange could have used the time stone" theory, but realized, he saw like what -- 14 Million possible timelines?  And only 1, he saw would defeat Thanos.

So having said that, he probably picked THAT timeline, to hopefully defeat Thanos.  And in that timeline, he gave Thanos the time stone?  Otherwise, why would he give it up so easily.

The real flaw was Fury not calling Captain Marvel earlier.  

Overall, this was an epic Marvel movie.  In my opinion, much better than Civil War!

Anyone else think about the whole Dr Strange / Time Stone situation?

My thoughts exactly.  No way Dr. Strange is giving that up to save 1 person.

With Dr. Strange I really think, its was all part of the plan.
Also Thor did use lightning, in a big way.
We don't know Capt. Marvel details yet so I'll wait on judgement.

Some of my favorites things. Red Skull, wow.... mind blown.
Rocket Raccoon, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, all super fun and awesome.

The biggest problem a had was that it felt a bit by the numbers and I knew he was going to get the stones and wipe out half of everyone.
Some minor issues on power levels. Like Cap could holding back Thanos and a few other power levels than seemed to go up and down as needed.
BP's sister about how easy it would be to fix Vision seemed a bit dumb and over the top also.

Overall I'd still give it a 90%

SPOILER........

LOVED IT!!!!!!! What a fun time at the movies and how they are able to make it funny even during serious moments always amazes me!! Star-Lord mocking Thor was hilarious. Drax acting “invisible” was real funny. The Iron Spider suit definitely lived up to expectations it was AWESOME!!! I enjoyed Thanos very much as a villain the fact he was able to get the soul gem by showing us he can feel love and honestly feels like most lunatics he knows what is best for everyone (the ultimate God complex) and yes Red Skull just Wow didn’t see that coming. I tried not to watch any trailers going in and never read any of the other thread going in sonthe whole thing was a surprise to me pretty much and I enjoyed it very much. I think it left off at a good point as well it almost seems hopeless like what can anyone do to defeat this Titan kind of thing. Great film a few power flaws I agree but that didn’t really bother me. I don’t recall seeing Ant-Man though I missed him. 

5 hours ago, tdotcbc84 said:

I thought about the whole "Dr Strange could have used the time stone" theory, but realized, he saw like what -- 14 Million possible timelines?  And only 1, he saw would defeat Thanos.

So having said that, he probably picked THAT timeline, to hopefully defeat Thanos.  And in that timeline, he gave Thanos the time stone?  Otherwise, why would he give it up so easily.

The real flaw was Fury not calling Captain Marvel earlier.  

Overall, this was an epic Marvel movie.  In my opinion, much better than Civil War!

Anyone else think about the whole Dr Strange / Time Stone situation?

This is part of what I have been thinking over. Doctor Strange giving up that last stone for Stark. It has to be when he looked beyond, this was the only way for the scenario to develop into a win for the Avengers.

The other thing I have been thinking over is when Corvus Glaive ports into the Wakanda lab to take the Mind Stone from Vision. They have never even walked the city. Yet he ends up right outside Shuri's lab to attack them. Sure, he may have detected the stone. But he lands right there outside the room? And how did they even know Scarlett Witch was right there with him, and reacted when she left the lab to fight?

But overall, what a massive movie. I'm just still thinking over some of these scenes.

One thing that definitely has me excited for the MCU future...

What is Thor's New Weapon in 'Avengers: Infinity War'?

beta-ray-bill-thor-ragnarok.jpg

Thanks to the massive marketing campaign leading up to the debut of Avengers: Infinity War, we knew Thor's quest to find a new weapon would play a big role in the film. Now that the film has premiered, we have confirmation of what Thor's new weapon is called. And for fans of the Asgardians mythos in Marvel comics, the hammer/axe hybrid should be quite familiar.

Enter: Stormbreaker.

Traveling to Nidavellir, Thor, Rocket (Bradley Cooper), and Groot (Vin Diesel) were soon confronted by Eitri (Peter Dinklage), who had previously crafted Mjolnir — and Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet, albeit under duress. Luckily for Thor, Eitri still had the mold for Stormbreaker, a weapon the dwarven leader called a weapon suited only for a king. After Thor nearly sacrificed himself powering up the forge — and Groot giving up a chunk of his arm for the weapon's handle — the Asgardian king finally was bearer of another weapon.

But what's Stormbreakers comic origin?

The weapon first appeared in The Mighty Thor #339 (1984) as created by fan-favorite comic creator Walter Simonson. In the comics, however, Stormbreak wasn't Thor's weapon of choice. Rather, Stormbreaker was to Beta Ray Bill as Mjolnir was to Thor. After proving himself worthy of wielding Mjolnir and besting Thor in combat, the cybernetic Korbonite was granted a new weapon by Thor's father Odin. Not wanting to rid his son of his weapon, Odin ordered the dwarves at Nidavellir to craft a new weapon — Stormbreaker — out of uru, the same fictitious metal Mjolnir was forged out of.

Now how they pull off having Thor and Beta Ray Bill with matched weapons would be interesting.

I saw it in an afternoon Imax showing (seating about half full) in South Florida and thought it really delivered.

Nits to pick (and they are nitty) would be:  1) Thor's rapid jump into humor when rescued (sure he was interacting with The Guardians but he just lost all Asgardians under his watch).  2) That iron spider suit - though useful to bring Peter up to space-battle readiness, it seemed like something introduced to sell more toys.  I'll take the old-fashioned Spidey suit.  Maybe a couple of others that escape me now.

Way too many pros to mention but some are:  1) Red Skull!  2) Those team-ups and fights.  3) A really formidable, well-written and well-acted villain.  No twirling moustache or grandstanding here - this has been building for several movies so let's get right to it.  4)  Peter's fear and reaching out to Tony when he was dissolving was really heartfelt and touching.  5)  I also thought that Dr. Strange coughing up the stone was probably part of the "one in fourteen million" scenarios that proved to be successful in the end.   

Overall it was quite the spectacle and, with all its time/location jumps, plethora of heroes and a really substantial villain, "read" just like a comic book.  It even had the cliffhanger ending that we all remember so well, needing only a "To Be Continued... Don't Miss the Next Issue or You'll Hate Yourself" blurb.

So far, from what I see from everyone who has watched the film, Thanos might be the ALL TIME FAVOURITE VILLIAN for a lot of us.

Or at least one of the best portrayed in recent memory!

The whole soul stone part of the movie was exceptional, right from the RED SKULL!!!

19 minutes ago, tdotcbc84 said:

The whole soul stone part of the movie was exceptional, right from the RED SKULL!!!

I thought that was a fantastic decision, and keeping the entire MCU storyline together. But unfortunately, it was not Hugo Weaving.

Avengers Infinity War: Did you notice this surprise cameo?

We knew the location of every Infinity Stone before watching the movie except the Soul Stone. We knew it existed, but we did not know where. In Infinity War, we finally got the answer. The Soul Stone was at Vormir, under the keeping of none other than the Red Skull. Did you notice that? Apparently, the rogue Nazi of Captain America: The First Avenger was not destroyed by the Space Stone (called the Tesseract in the film and The Avengers), but apparently transported to a desolate planet called Vormir. There he was transformed into the guardian of the Soul Stone, probably by a cosmic entity.

Thanos reaches the planet with Gamora. Red Skull tells him that the Soul Stone requires the sacrifice of a person you love. The Mad Titan drops Gamora to her death, but not without shedding a tear. So she is the only person who he loved. And Thanos gets the Soul Stone.

You may think that it was Hugo Weaving who essayed the role of the Red Skull since it was him who played the character in The First Avenger. But it was actually Ross Marquand who donned the role. Marquand is somebody you may recognize as Aaron from The Walking Dead.

Edited by Bosco685

Saw last night. Very little to gripe about...other than having to wait for the second half of the movie and knowing the deaths are temp, especially watching BP go. That was too much of an “in your face” moment and took everyone out of the moment. In my opinion they should have found a way to keep us guessing on whether the deaths will be reversed or not...

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

The other thing I have been thinking over is when Corvus Glaive ports into the Wakanda lab to take the Mind Stone from Vision. They have never even walked the city. Yet he ends up right outside Shuri's lab to attack them. Sure, he may have detected the stone. But he lands right there outside the room? And how did they even know Scarlett Witch was right there with him, and reacted when she left the lab to fight?

They easily found Vision and Scarlet Witch in Ireland. I would have to watch it again, but the Wakanda shield probably had to fall/weaken and Scarlet Witch had to leave before he would port into the lab.

10 hours ago, WeR138 said:

My thoughts exactly.  No way Dr. Strange is giving that up to save 1 person.

+1

I also think the discussion of what the Vision would be without the stone will be important. Tony can probably revive/reboot Vision with no stone, and they can work together. Perhaps the Vision now understands some of the time physics, since the time stone was used on him.

I have to say that seeing the Red Skull was a surprise. I've been wanting to see his return to the Marvel Universe for years, and I'm glad his character has been given some resolution. I would love to see him brought back to "the real world"  somehow, but if not, at least we know what happened to him.