• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (SPOILERS)
5 5

365 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, sd2416 said:

A friend is saying that when the city is attacked by Thanos Dark Order, that Strange starts the timelock and when Tony asks what is that, he says a little insurance.  

And that when he asked Thanos to spare Tony on Titan before giving him the stone, that he saw that Tony was integral to the 1:14,000,000 chance.  

I guess ill have to rewatch and see.  

I took the "insurance" to be the ward he put on the amulet that Maw couldn't break (and why he took Strange into space instead of just grabbing the gem). That was my interpretation, at least.

20 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Perhaps they'll go back far enough to reboot? MCU 2.0? Ultimate MCU? I mean, they're like 19 films in now, how do they expect new fans to jump on board after 11 years? MCU Reborn, maybe? MCU Now?

"All-New-All-Different-Marvel-CU-Point-One-NOW"

Now that's a movie title to bring in the masses!

Following its opening weekend, where it broke both domestic and worldwide records, Avengers: Infinity War is set to break yet another record.

The Marvel flick will be the fastest film in history to reach a billion dollars worldwide. Infinity War, which topped $900 million worldwide in its first nine days, will reach the mark either today or tomorrow. The previous record holder, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, reached a billion dollars in 12 days.

Yesterday, Infinity War became the 48th highest grossing film of all time, topping such films as Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Spider-Man Homecoming and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. The film will also be the the 33rd film to join the billion dollar club, with its Marvel sibling, Black Panther, being the most recent film to join the list.

With the coming weekend set to add another $100 million to its domestic total, Avengers: Infinity War has proven to be the event film that it was promised to be and it doesn’t look like it’ll slow down any time soon.

I think we can all assume mostly everyone who died is of course coming back.  I hope some stay dead like Loki and Gamora though to make Infinity War that much more meaningful.

I am the only one that is hoping they don't beat Thanos by going back in time to beat him?  I feel that back in time to prevent future events has been done way too many times in the past.  Rather beat him in present day and possibly use one of the other gems to bring them all back. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

Spoiler

Earlier, Thanos had sacrificed his daughter in order to acquire the Soul Stone, and this sequence is a direct callback to that, with Gamora asking her father if completing his mission was worth what it ultimately cost him. The prevailing theory is that this actually takes place inside the Soul Stone, and the film's co-director has now confirmed it. Here's what Joe Russo had to say when quizzed about the scene during a recent Q&A (via MCU Exchange):

"Yeah it’s- it’s implied it’s the soul stone. It’s all orange around, then he’s inside the stone with the amount of power that it took to snap his fingers- he has this out of body experience with Gamora."

So she’s there?

She is in fact, yes. It was an attempt on our part - because we don’t like two-dimensional roles or three-dimensional villains - every villain is a hero in their own story and as insane and psychotic and brutal and violent as Thanos is, he’s a more complex villain if you go on a journey with him emotionally. He does care about things and it is complicated for him to execute his plan and it cost him something.

He said at the end “It cost him everything” and that it was the only thing he loved which was Gamora which is why we put him back with her at the end. I just want to reiterate with the audience that he does feel true emotion even though he is a monster.

This is obviously a pretty big reveal, because if that is indeed Gamora's soul/spirit and not just a memory or vision, then there's a possibility that the character could return at some point. Most of us were under the impression that only the heroes that turned to ash after "the snap" would be back, but perhaps not!

It's a Soul Stone tip, so read only if you are up for it.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Earlier, Thanos had sacrificed his daughter in order to acquire the Soul Stone, and this sequence is a direct callback to that, with Gamora asking her father if completing his mission was worth what it ultimately cost him. The prevailing theory is that this actually takes place inside the Soul Stone, and the film's co-director has now confirmed it. Here's what Joe Russo had to say when quizzed about the scene during a recent Q&A (via MCU Exchange):

"Yeah it’s- it’s implied it’s the soul stone. It’s all orange around, then he’s inside the stone with the amount of power that it took to snap his fingers- he has this out of body experience with Gamora."

So she’s there?

She is in fact, yes. It was an attempt on our part - because we don’t like two-dimensional roles or three-dimensional villains - every villain is a hero in their own story and as insane and psychotic and brutal and violent as Thanos is, he’s a more complex villain if you go on a journey with him emotionally. He does care about things and it is complicated for him to execute his plan and it cost him something.

He said at the end “It cost him everything” and that it was the only thing he loved which was Gamora which is why we put him back with her at the end. I just want to reiterate with the audience that he does feel true emotion even though he is a monster.

This is obviously a pretty big reveal, because if that is indeed Gamora's soul/spirit and not just a memory or vision, then there's a possibility that the character could return at some point. Most of us were under the impression that only the heroes that turned to ash after "the snap" would be back, but perhaps not!

It's a Soul Stone tip, so read only if you are up for it.

why didn't he throw Death over the cliff? i thought she was his one and only love.

2 hours ago, NewWorldOrder said:

I think we can all assume mostly everyone who died is of course coming back.  I hope some stay dead like Loki and Gamora though to make Infinity War that much more meaningful.

I am the only one that is hoping they don't beat Thanos by going back in time to beat him?  I feel that back in time to prevent future events has been done way too many times in the past.  Rather beat him in present day and possibly use one of the other gems to bring them all back. 

I think they’ll play it right and not do that.  Too easy/convenient. 

They stuck fairly close to the source material (apart from Thanos motivation). In the books, he ultimately lets his ego get in the way.  Classic hubris at work.

Strange still “exists”.  Probably in the soul or time stone.   He’ll play a big role.

Stark is the key to everything (the conversations between him & Strange foreshadow that).  Someone mentioned earlier the Stark/piper talk.  His power source will somehow play into everything. 

My big question was this... how did cap survive getting punched in a head by a powered up Thanos. 

Even if it did not completely crush his human head, or break his neck, his brain would have been shaken loose in its cavity. I mean this dude just beat down Thor and the Hulk. 

Edited by Dale Roberts

15 minutes ago, Dale Roberts said:

My big question was this... how did cap survive getting punched in a head by a powered up Thanos. 

Even if it did not completely crush his human head, or break his neck, his brain would have been shaken loose in its cavity. I mean this dude just beat down Thor and the Hulk. 

You're not alone. That question has come up a few times.

The moment that Gamora got placed in the Soul Gem I knew she would be the key to defeating Thanos/Nebula. She'll play the part of Warlock in Avengers 4 and use the Soul Stone to shout out to the other 5 stones and stick it to Thanos or Nebula - whomever is wearing the Gauntlet. Marvel is sticking much closer to The Infinity Gauntlet than I thought they would. When I saw that Nebula was the only other survivor on Titan I had images of her taking the Gauntlet right off of Thanos's hands and forcing Thanos to team up with the Avengers to take her down. I don't think Warlock will be making an appearance. Avengers 4 is already in post production and I don't think there is enough time at all to do his character justice and not make it feel rushed.

11 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

The moment that Gamora got placed in the Soul Gem I knew she would be the key to defeating Thanos/Nebula. She'll play the part of Warlock in Avengers 4 and use the Soul Stone to shout out to the other 5 stones and stick it to Thanos or Nebula - whomever is wearing the Gauntlet. Marvel is sticking much closer to The Infinity Gauntlet than I thought they would. When I saw that Nebula was the only other survivor on Titan I had images of her taking the Gauntlet right off of Thanos's hands and forcing Thanos to team up with the Avengers to take her down. I don't think Warlock will be making an appearance. Avengers 4 is already in post production and I don't think there is enough time at all to do his character justice and not make it feel rushed.

Warlock is the antithesis of Thanos. The champion of Life compared to Thanos being the champion of death. He’s got to be in the movie. I see Captain Marvel playing the part of Silver Surfer. 

Just now, Dale Roberts said:

Warlock is the antithesis of Thanos. The champion of Life compared to Thanos being the champion of death. He’s got to be in the movie. I see Captain Marvel playing the part of Silver Surfer. 

I was holding out hope for Warlock as well. But they didn't portray Thanos as being devoted to Death at all, but rather as a eco-conscious mass murderer. I just think they are going in a different direction and Gamora will be the one who ultimately saves the day. 

31 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

To be honest I'd be very surprised if the movie follows Nebula's story arc completely.  I just don't see the MCU building up Thanos so much and then to so quickly and easily displace him as the big bad.  Also that glove would fit right over Nebula's head.  But it's certainly setup for her to at the very least have a pivotal action.  Captain Marvel will probably fill in some, but obviously not all, of Warlock's shoes.

Edited by 234wallst

1 minute ago, 234wallst said:

To be honest I'd be very surprised if the movie follows Nebula's story arc completely.  I just don't see the MCU building up Thanos so much and then to so quickly and easily displace him as the big bad.  Also that glove would fit right over her Nebula's head.  But it's certainly setup for her to at the very least have a pivotal action.  Captain Marvel will probably fill in some, but obviously not all, of Warlock's shoes.

I'd be surprised if they followed it completely as well. But I could see them having her nab the Gauntlet as a "twist" to the general moviegoing public and also keeping Marvel Zombies happy that they played it somewhat faithful. I can see Captain Marvel and Iron Man leading the charge as they head to battle Thanos in the big battle to end Part 4. Then Gamora will save the day from inside the Soul Gem.

1 minute ago, Kramerica said:

I'd be surprised if they followed it completely as well. But I could see them having her nab the Gauntlet as a "twist" to the general moviegoing public and also keeping Marvel Zombies happy that they played it somewhat faithful. I can see Captain Marvel and Iron Man leading the charge as they head to battle Thanos in the big battle to end Part 4. Then Gamora will save the day from inside the Soul Gem.

There is simply no way they would have introduced Warlock in Guardians 2 if they weren’t going to use him in the Infinity stories. 

17 minutes ago, Dale Roberts said:

There is simply no way they would have introduced Warlock in Guardians 2 if they weren’t going to use him in the Infinity stories. 

I'll wager you a $50 gift certificate at the Bass Pro Shop of your choice that Warlock doesn't get one second of screen time in Avengers 4 :baiting: