• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (SPOILERS)
5 5

365 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Ayesha clearly states something along the lines of "I shall call him...Adam" implying that he is just created.

I agree.  That said, if I recall correctly Warlock was known as just "Him" (FF/Thor issues), then just "Warlock" (Marvel Premiere #1) until Starlin gave him his full name, yes?

1 hour ago, Andahaion said:

I agree.  That said, if I recall correctly Warlock was known as just "Him" (FF/Thor issues), then just "Warlock" (Marvel Premiere #1) until Starlin gave him his full name, yes?

He was created by science nerds on Earth who wanted to experiment to create the perfect human.

Ayesha, in GOTG 2,  parallels this in attempting to create a perfect example of her species, The Sovereign.

Edited by Ken Aldred

56 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

He was created by science nerds on Earth who wanted to experiment to create the perfect human.

Ayesha, in GOTG 2,  parallels this in attempting to create a perfect example of her species, The Sovereign.

Sounds about right.

The mention that Xandar has been destroyed, and, one would assume the Nova Corps as well, is a very similar set-up to the beginning of the Annihilation saga, during which Richard Rider becomes the sole possessor of the Nova Force.

4 hours ago, Andahaion said:

This is almost correct. The High Evolutionary found Him, and named him Warlock, gave him the Soul Gem, and sent him to Counter Earth to fight the Man Beast. This happened in Marvel Premiere #1. When he got to Counter Earth, they gave him the Adam name. The story is covered in Marvel Premiere 1,2, Warlock 1-8, and Hulk #176-178. The series stopped there until Starlin revived the character in Strange Tales #178

7 minutes ago, Dale Roberts said:

This is almost correct. The High Evolutionary found Him, and named him Warlock, gave him the Soul Gem, and sent him to Counter Earth to fight the Man Beast. This happened in Marvel Premiere #1. When he got to Counter Earth, they gave him the Adam name. The story is covered in Marvel Premiere 1,2, Warlock 1-8, and Hulk #176-178. The series stopped there until Starlin revived the character in Strange Tales #178

Ah yes, thank you. Been a while since reading that material. Appreciate the correction. At any rate, would really like to see Warlock on the big screen soon. Cheers. 

7 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

On Marvel Agents of Shield the other night, the crazy General has ingested Gravitonium  and he's now a Super Man. He's talking about Thanos and how "he" the General, is the only one who can stop him.

Of course this is all mixed up with "the Destroyer of Worlds" Quake and some other stuff...but I did note that no one seemed to disappear from the series after Thanos's "snap".

Based on the comments from the alien confederacy it sounded like Thanos was still coming, so maybe a few characters will disappear from the series in this season's final two episodes?

Avengers: Infinity War Spoils Agents of SHIELD’s Season 5 Finale

IN agreement with much of the previous 15 pages I just read through; liked the movie very much, for me behind only civil war and the 1st avengers movie. I love the classic quippy marvel humor of Spidey, but the stupidity of the Guardians is overkill. I miss starlin's original badass Drax. Also, Thor should have been roaring righteous angry the whole time; the humor doesn't fit him. Loved most everything else.

A Few thoughts:

Who the hell cares where Warlock is??? Where's Pip the Troll?

Thanos often sows the seeds of his own defeat. We might look for some aspect of that.

Cap holding up well didn't bother me. Power levels don't seem to translate directly from the comics to the movies. It's Cap, he's part of Marvel's Trinity. They need him this way. It's all good.

Just a guess, but I expect a post-credit reveal scene to include the next major baddie, and though he's my least favorite Avengers villain, Kang seems like the logical,choice to me for the next phase of a post-Thanos, Avengers-centric MCU. (shrug)

Is the shy Hulk subplot a set-up for a coming smart Hulk? Peter David era Hulk (green or gray) is made for cinema, though the green version would make more sense against Thanos.

I'm also expecting a black and white cold fish Vision. Hopefully a more effective one as well. He hasn't seemed like a major powerhouse at all thus far.

On 1 May 2018 at 5:39 AM, skypinkblu said:

I did suggest that Superman should show up and help;) :fear:

Or, the One Above All gets tired of watching Thanos' messing about and decides to intervene, with the Supreme Being of the Marvel Universe being represented by a CGI version of Jack Kirby.

I can go sillier.

1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:

Or, the One Above All gets tired of watching Thanos' messing about and decides to intervene, with the Supreme Being of the Marvel Universe being represented by a CGI version of Jack Kirby.

I can go sillier.

hm

Are you a screenwriter?

:baiting:

I'll be honest.

Jack Kirby as the One-Above-All was an idea used by Mark Waid in one of his FF stories, and by Alan Moore, in an issue of Supreme.

ff511a.jpg

kirby-fantasticfour511.jpg

3184155-06.jpg

It'll never happen on-screen, sadly.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Reminds me....they should do Battle Scars as a movie; give the "origin" of the Sam Jackson Nick Fury, establish thr original via this backstory, intro Taskmaster and...above all....have a Stan cameo scene where he's joined by the "Howlers" at Nick sr.s funeral, with cameos by Sinnott and anyone else still alive who is into doing it. Also gives them a chance to tee up a younger black actor to one day take over for Jackson as Fury Jr.

Just think, if you tally up every Marvel movie ever made (not even accounting for USD inflation), we are talking about Infinity War is 4.16% of the overall worldwide box office across 55 movies. Incredible!

Vd2TrO7.jpg

Adjusted USD, it is still 3.8% of the worldwide box office total.

Edited by Bosco685
Added Thor: Ragnarok

On 5/6/2018 at 9:44 PM, 234wallst said:
On 5/6/2018 at 8:22 PM, Gaard said:

Did that Valkryie chick die on the ship with all the Asgardians?

The directors addressed this question - she got away along with others, including the Kronan from Ragnarok, via escape pods (all off screen).  Remember Thor tells the Guardians Thanos slaughted half his people so we know not all the Asgardians died. 

What sticks with me --- this falls under Thanos' standard theme of killing off "half". So might not really be an escape as much as Thanos being Thanos and this might be one of those times where he set the seeds for his undoing. 

The late scene with Thanos and Gamora in the soul stone.... I know how they like to tie everything together and drop easter eggs... This scene seems to me to be more of the last scene from the next Avengers movie. Thanos states - it cost him everything... but how does he know that at the instant he snaps his plan into action?  And what is "everything " to Thanos? - he already sacrificed Gamora earlier, so his everything now would be what??????

Only other observation I had that appears not to have been discussed---  GROOT!!!!  So, he was part of the 50% taken at the end of the movie... or was he???

He gave up an arm to stormbreaker - the weapon that can take down Thanos....  This had to be done for a reason in the plotline ( other than Peter D not knowing where he put the handle after  the axe was forged) ..... My thought is that this will play into how they bring back the people that were "dusted" as it can serve as an anchor between reality and where they ended up.

1 hour ago, W16227 said:

What sticks with me --- this falls under Thanos' standard theme of killing off "half". So might not really be an escape as much as Thanos being Thanos and this might be one of those times where he set the seeds for his undoing. 

The late scene with Thanos and Gamora in the soul stone.... I know how they like to tie everything together and drop easter eggs... This scene seems to me to be more of the last scene from the next Avengers movie. Thanos states - it cost him everything... but how does he know that at the instant he snaps his plan into action?  And what is "everything " to Thanos? - he already sacrificed Gamora earlier, so his everything now would be what??????

Only other observation I had that appears not to have been discussed---  GROOT!!!!  So, he was part of the 50% taken at the end of the movie... or was he???

He gave up an arm to stormbreaker - the weapon that can take down Thanos....  This had to be done for a reason in the plotline ( other than Peter D not knowing where he put the handle after  the axe was forged) ..... My thought is that this will play into how they bring back the people that were "dusted" as it can serve as an anchor between reality and where they ended up.

i took it to mean it cost him his team, his daughter, his adopted daughter, all to get what he wanted.