• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (SPOILERS)
5 5

365 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

lol

QrqWhrf.jpg

lollollol Priceless.... I saved this one. Showed to my wife, she asked if you could do a series for me to take to the theater so I don't keep asking her what is going on.:blush:

20 hours ago, kdoginohio said:

is anyone else bothered by the Red Skull looking a lot like Death(or vise a versa)? and, how tough is cap that he took a shot to the head from Thanos and got up?

I thought that guy WAS Death until after the film when I saw posts online pointing out it was Red Skull.  So I wasn't exactly bothered, but I found it confusing knowing how closely the comic Thanos was associated with Death.

I still don't get how Cap could possibly have absorbed that punch and held Thanos back.  Isn't Thanos supposed to be many orders of magnitude stronger and tougher?  ???

29 minutes ago, tdotcbc84 said:

Thanos was just playing nice with everyone ---- with the reality stone, he could have turned everyone to bubbles --- he was just flexing his GOD powers, and toying with everyone.

Exactly.  The dude took out the Hulk without all the gems.  And that's not even the impressive part!  He took an axe to the chest and still had a joking response.  And that's not even the impressive part!  The dude brought down a moon!  A freaking moon.

He does all that and we still question his power level because he didn't easily wipe out the Avengers.  He's toying around.  We see this in comics all the time.  Superman going up against Batman...toying aroundlol.

12 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I never thought of this.  I always assumed Stark would be the one to wield the gauntlet so he will need to sacrifice someone.  Dr. Strange had to keep Tony alive because he will be the sacrifice...interesting(thumbsu.

So new theory...Captain America will sacrifice Stark to wield the gauntlet???  Maybe???

To control the Soul Stone you have to sacrifice what you love the most, so unless you're implying there's some heavy bromance going on with Steve and Tony my suggestion would be that Tony will be sacrificed by...

Pepper!!

Considering how many grown men wet their pants over Pepper's roll at the end of IM3 I really hope this happens.

5 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

To control the Soul Stone you have to sacrifice what you love the most, so unless you're implying there's some heavy bromance going on with Steve and Tony my suggestion would be that Tony will be sacrificed by...

Pepper!!

Considering how many grown men wet their pants over Pepper's roll at the end of IM3 I really hope this happens.

We better stock up on depends then lol

6 hours ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

It certainly got my attention.

I guess I will have to go see this one. It will be the first movie I have seen in a theater in many years. It better be worth the $2.50.

$2.50 for gas? Recommend you save your big screen dbox $$ experience for Deadpool 2 with cast of newer characters like Cable and X-force team. Avengers part 3 makes little sense unless one has seen at least 3 of the previous Marvel movies (GotG 2, Thor 3) on at least dvd or download streaming.

13 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Avengers part 3 makes little sense unless one has seen at least 3 of the previous Marvel movies (GotG 2, Thor 3) on at least dvd or download streaming

What makes you say that?  You get more background information on elements such as where Thor's eye and hammer went or why Groot is a teenager, but everything you need to know about who Thanos is and what he's after is right here in this film.  I made an effort to see GotG 2 last week because I hadn't yet (I saw Ragnarok in the theater), but it ended up not making much of a difference.

2 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

What makes you say that?  You get more background information on elements such as where Thor's eye and hammer went or why Groot is a teenager, but everything you need to know about who Thanos is and what he's after is right here in this film.  I made an effort to see GotG 2 last week because I hadn't yet (I saw Ragnarok in the theater), but it ended up not making much of a difference.

My co-worker who has not see any of the last 4 Marvel movies could not figure out the basic backstory of the 19+ characters and how and why the various teams meet to cooperate in 1 Thanos movie.

2 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

My co-worker who has not see any of the last 4 Marvel movies could not figure out the basic backstory of the 19+ characters and how and why the various teams meet to cooperate in 1 Thanos movie.

To get all of that I think you have to watch EVERY Marvel film.  But you don't necessarily need to watch them.

I guess one thing that's missing from film as compared to the comics are the little asterisks along with title and issue footnotes at the bottoms of panels telling you where to go to see the back story on something key.